No announcement yet.

Line up top break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lineup has recently become my favourite training. I'm still a relative novice (only picked up my first cue in Feb 2018) and for almost two years I kept on thinking the lineup was just frustrating and stayed away from it. But then, I started challenging myself in January and the highest break has steadily increased until I got to 79; but the lockdown interrupted everything. After the lockdown I will be back to 16 I guess...

My favourite scheme is 1 / black / 5 / pink / 7 / blue / 2. But I always do three other routines before the lineup (straight pots, angles, and colour clearance), keeping a diary of the potting rates in each routine, it's helping me a lot.

BTW, in the diary I have collected sufficient data to calculate the impact of using a truly professional table / pockets vs the truly bad club table I usually use; maybe the lockdown will give me enough spare time to get the exact numbers out, but back-of-the-envelope the pro table reduces (my own) potting rates by around 8% across the various routines.

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
      I've made lots of line up maximums, actually found it more challenging trying to clear the line up using baulk colours only.
      Guess your standard to very high?! Think anyone that gets near a century on line up is still better than average? Still doing 2-5-6-2 formation and made a 135 now so going up! Just pleased to have a routine in practice rather than just hitting random balls about.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueboy777 View Post

Guess your standard to very high?! Think anyone that gets near a century on line up is still better than average? Still doing 2-5-6-2 formation and made a 135 now so going up! Just pleased to have a routine in practice rather than just hitting random balls about.
        The T exercise is very good for cue ball control in the box around the black and pink.
        thats four each side of the pink across the table, five between pink and black and two between black and top cush.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I'm probably up there with the better players on the forum, I don't think successfully clearing the line up is a great gauge of how good a player is nor is it that important.
          What is important is the muscle memory you receive from playing those stock standard shots thousands of times that stands you in good stead for a pressurised situation.
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

The T exercise is very good for cue ball control in the box around the black and pink.
            thats four each side of the pink across the table, five between pink and black and two between black and top cush.
            Ye I like this routine prefer it to the line up. More variation of shots.
            here's my effort

https://youtu.be/jCHU5Dh6LHw
            Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post

Ye I like this routine prefer it to the line up. More variation of shots.
              here's my effort

https://youtu.be/jCHU5Dh6LHw
              Very nice, I enjoyed that.

Comment

Very nice, I enjoyed that.
                Thanks. Lots of other stuff on my channel too. Share with ya snooker friends if you like
                Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

Yeah just tryed T exercise, think is more challenging than standard line up, altho maybe easier to make higher breaks as all reds nearer black. Still at 135 on normal line up, so see what can do with this..

Comment

Yeah just tryed T exercise, think is more challenging than standard line up, altho maybe easier to make higher breaks as all reds nearer black. Still at 135 on normal line up, so see what can do with this..
                    Do you have your own table cueboy ?

Comment

Yes have access to one...

Comment

Yes have access to one...
                        Lucky git must be great at this time to be able to still play.

Comment

Lucky git must be great at this time to be able to still play.
                          It was always my understanding that you had your own table at home as well, or is it just your own set of balls ?

It's going to be really hard for some of us to get back into the groove once this pandemic is over. I took two years off snooker twenty years ago to try to learn to play the guitar, packed it in as I knew I couldn't be as good as I wanted to be, but when I went back to snooker I'd forgotten how I held the cue, how I stood, what I actually did in fact and as a result of that had to think about it and I've never been the same player as I was when I simply bent down and shot at what I was looking at.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I'm still working so not like I'm playing 8hrs a day...maybe a couple hours a week, but that still helps keep arm ticking over I agree! Hope this won't last to much longer for you guys.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

It was always my understanding that you had your own table at home as well, or is it just your own set of balls ?

It's going to be really hard for some of us to get back into the groove once this pandemic is over. I took two years off snooker twenty years ago to try to learn to play the guitar, packed it in as I knew I couldn't be as good as I wanted to be, but when I went back to snooker I'd forgotten how I held the cue, how I stood, what I actually did in fact and as a result of that had to think about it and I've never been the same player as I was when I simply bent down and shot at what I was looking at.
                              Not got my own table Vmax always play in the club but I have, at the last count , six sets of balls, from super crystalate originals, through to TCs and all the variations in between ( I have a couple of doublers as the sets weren't great when they arrived)as Aramith took over and did what ever they did, which I'm not sure what happened regarding the composition of the balls.
                              the best set of balls I have played with were a new set of 1gs the reaction on them was fantastic but the best older set is a black boxed set of super crystalate, which aren't they are phenolic resin and made in Belgium. To give credit where it's due all the sets are playable and if I was on a budget and wanted my own balls I wouldn't hesitate and buy a good set of real super crystalates, you can get them for next to nowt, I think I paid ?20 delivered, that was a while ago though.

Comment

Not got my own table Vmax always play in the club but I have, at the last count , six sets of balls, from super crystalate originals, through to TCs and all the variations in between ( I have a couple of doublers as the sets weren't great when they arrived)as Aramith took over and did what ever they did, which I'm not sure what happened regarding the composition of the balls.
                                the best set of balls I have played with were a new set of 1gs the reaction on them was fantastic but the best older set is a black boxed set of super crystalate, which aren't they are phenolic resin and made in Belgium. To give credit where it's due all the sets are playable and if I was on a budget and wanted my own balls I wouldn't hesitate and buy a good set of real super crystalates, you can get them for next to nowt, I think I paid ?20 delivered, that was a while ago though.
                                Interesting that you own your own set or sets
                                Is there a big difference between the ones you own and the standard club balls. ?.
                                Is it common practice now for more people to take their own balls to their local club ?.

Comment

Working...
                                X