How to upload Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to upload Pictures

I just joined and tried to upload some pictures but it says I'm not authorised to do attachments how can I change that or what's the deal here

I think the rule is you need to have a certain amount of posts (5?)/ before you are authorised to use certain functions. So get posting.
    PS. BTW, welcome to the forum. Enjoy.

Comment

Call this number 2

Comment

Anxiously trying to get to 5? Posts as I just bought a table
        (see next post)

Comment

It's a 6x12 Burroughs and watts 8 solid square legs
          mahogany (see next post)

Comment

Slide out panels wooden rail bumpers
            ( you know the drill ......next post)

Comment

5 piece slate connected by brass pins. Looks like wooden dowel at one point (yup you guessed it......next post)

Comment

Well ADMINISRATOR Did I prove that I'm not an electronic eating, chip chomping robot yet.....( uh huh next post

Comment

Does a magic fairy appear in my inbox with ( a special treat for me) gut your heads outa the gutter.
                  ( yup next one allready)

Comment

Dean in Admin advise to:-

Here is my standard reply

You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly.
                    ImgBB.com
                    Click on "Start Uploading"
                    Browse to the file and select it, click Open
                    Click "Upload".
                    Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked", then hover over the code, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
                    Go to your TSF post and paste. You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
                    There are other sites as well.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

sledfoot
                      the built-in attachment function is very limited in its capacity and functions (once your allotment if full I have not found a way to delete old images.

see the easy instruction that Cue Crafty put up.

look forward to see the photos
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

sledfoot - I have moved your pictures to the Tables sub-forum

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...tures-of-table

Comment

Thank DeanH
                          I'm heading on over

Comment

I have been thinking of starting a thread to show the cases I have made but have been put off by what happened to J6. Obviously when photobucket changed he lost (from memory) hundreds of photo's which wrecked his thread and storyboard.

I've seen the current Imgbb.com etc but is the risk still there where you could literally upload hundreds of photo's for the whole think to be lost or is there a facility attached to the website whereas it holds it's own photo's so there's '0' risk?

Just thought I'd ask as it would be painful if that happened but would like to start a thread.
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

The risk is never zero.
                              ImgBB own their site and if they change there T&Cs etc, you could loss the link tot he image on their system.
                              You will have the same issue with all image-sharing sites, you are at their mercy!

You can use the Attachment feature on TSF but it is very limited to the size of image as well as the number of images you can upload, and I never found a way to remove older images from my album to be able to add new images.

Let me ask the new techie if he has any advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X