Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby to the site

Hi all

I'm new to the site - used to play snooker when I was younger (from about 6 to 14) and a lot in those later years. Discovered girls and pool which distracted me quite a bit. Played very on and off since then, probably no more than a few times a year. Joined a local club recently so 30+ years on and realised I wanted to play a bit more. About to invest in a full-size table for home.

Looking forward to digging in to everyone's knowledge and helping out if/where I can.

Martin

welcome to TSF Martin
    a familiar story to many on here
    have fun, hope to see photos of your new table
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

please note - posts on "Newbie & Intro" forum do NOT count towards number of posts and higher functions such as PMs
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

cheers - and will do

Comment

Originally Posted by MartinY View Post
          cheers - and will do
          A few words about the cue you use is always of interest to members. Post in the Cue section.
          PS. Btw welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Martin .

Where are you based and what level did you play to previously ?.

Btw, if you’ve come on here to boast about your home set up and post photos to make everybody jealous you’ve come to the right place

Comment

Check out my ‘Project Snooker Shed’ thread, it might be of some help to you?

Steve
              Last edited by Danger Steve; 9 June 2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Welcome to TSF Martin
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                  Welcome to the forum Martin .

Where are you based and what level did you play to previously ?.

Btw, if you’ve come on here to boast about your home set up and post photos to make everybody jealous you’ve come to the right place
                  Yeah never brilliant. Regular 50s+ in my early teens with the odd break higher. Was getting to a reasonable consistency as I was playing quite a bit.

I'm based in Liphook, near Haselmere on the Surrey / Hampshire / West Sussex border. Out in the sticks a bit.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                    Check out my ‘Project Snooker Shed’ thread, it might be of some help to you?

Steve
                    Really intresting thread - you don't do things by half do you! Great build. My build is complete, but I think I'll pop up a thread on it as I change it from an arcade to a snooker room. I can pop up the build details that we did - it might help someone...

Comment

Yeah never brilliant. Regular 50s+ in my early teens with the odd break higher. Was getting to a reasonable consistency as I was playing quite a bit.

I'm based in Liphook, near Haselmere on the Surrey / Hampshire / West Sussex border. Out in the sticks a bit.
                      That’s a good standard especially as a teenager . Did you play competitively ?.

If your going to be back playing then you might be interested in a senior ( over 40 ) comp that is based not far from you . Im planning on starting to enter the events myself . It seems the standard varies quite a bit. https://www.cuestars.co.uk/

Im not too far from as I’m near Orpington Kent . If you ever fancy a game let me know .

Comment

Local tournaments but that's all. And I was only in the 50s when I was playing very regularly, so for a fairly short period. I've played a couple of club tournaments just before COVID but not really up to standard just yet. Might well be interested in a comp when I get some table time in. I've lost cue ball control and just not played enough so I'd like to get back into it and definitely up for a game some time in the near future. Might even have a table some time over summer (fingers crossed).
                        Last edited by MartinY; 10 June 2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Local tournaments but that's all. And I was only in the 50s when I was playing very regularly, so for a fairly short period. I've played a couple of club tournaments just before COVID but not really up to standard just yet. Might well be interested in a comp when I get some table time in. I've lost cue ball control and just having played enough so I'd like to get back into it and definitely up for a game some time in the near future. Might even have a table some time over summer (fingers crossed).
                          I think those tournaments are a good thing as they start of on a round robin so at least your getting more than one match .
                          I came back to the game last spring after 18 yrs so I know all about losing ball control and trying to get it back .

When you fancy a game drop me a pm . I’m willing to travel over over your way or maybe somewhere central to the town of us like Frames in Coulsdon . If you get your own table even better !.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                            X