Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish newbie here

Morning folks.

The names Alex and thouht I'd say hello as I've just signed up. Used to play a lot of snooker in my youth and won a few tournaments. It all ended when, you've guessed it, a lass came along πŸ˜‚

I bought a Barracuda Kirkham cue (I'll fire a pic up in the right section) when I was playing and still have it after all these years. She's seen better days but still plays well and runs straight. It needs re-tipped however and getting it done in the Stirling/Falkirk area is proving very difficult as all the snooker places shut down years ago.

Anyways, cheers for the add on the page πŸ‘

Welcome Eck. Is The Creamery not still open? You should give the new club in Bathgate a try. Fabulous. Star tables, 1g balls, electronic scoreboards the lot.

Comment

welcome to TSF Big Eck

many people come back to the great game after a break (pun intended )

Have you not put a tip on yourself?
      Seems daunting but (like anything really) once you get used to it it gets easier
      In the mean time maybe a member close to you will know of somewhere.

FYI:
      How to add images to your TSF posts
      You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the β€œnot a robot” checks quickly.
      ImgBB.com
      Click on "Start Uploading"
      Browse to the file and select it, click Open
      Auto delete image - leave as "Don't autodelete".
      Click "Upload".
      Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".
      Hover over the code in the box, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
      Go to your TSF post and paste.
      You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
      There are other image sharing sites as well.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
        Welcome Eck. Is The Creamery not still open? You should give the new club in Bathgate a try. Fabulous. Star tables, 1g balls, electronic scoreboards the lot.
        It is still open mate, recently had a facelift as well. That's where I've been playing. The one in Bathgate sounds good buy that's a trek from me πŸ˜‚

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Eck View Post
          Morning folks.

The names Alex and thouht I'd say hello as I've just signed up. Used to play a lot of snooker in my youth and won a few tournaments. It all ended when, you've guessed it, a lass came along πŸ˜‚

I bought a Barracuda Kirkham cue (I'll fire a pic up in the right section) when I was playing and still have it after all these years. She's seen better days but still plays well and runs straight. It needs re-tipped however and getting it done in the Stirling/Falkirk area is proving very difficult as all the snooker places shut down years ago.

Anyways, cheers for the add on the page πŸ‘
          Hi Alex,

Dan from Canada here. Welcome to the forum. I am also pretty new on here, but I wanted to respond because you mention having a Barracuda Kirkham,
          which is the exact same cue I bought back in 1989 when I was playing as a teenager. You can see a shot of mine at the start of the video I posted a few
          days ago about making a cue with Japanese hand tools. I can't see your photo yet, but I wonder if your cue is identical to mine. It has a wooden joint.

All the best man

Dan.

Comment

Originally Posted by Daniel Marc Brooks View Post

Hi Alex,

Dan from Canada here. Welcome to the forum. I am also pretty new on here, but I wanted to respond because you mention having a Barracuda Kirkham,
            which is the exact same cue I bought back in 1989 when I was playing as a teenager. You can see a shot of mine at the start of the video I posted a few
            days ago about making a cue with Japanese hand tools. I can't see your photo yet, but I wonder if your cue is identical to mine. It has a wooden joint.

All the best man

Dan.
            Alright Dan πŸ‘

Just had a look at the video and your cue is the exact same as mine, with the thick wooden joint. Yours is in better condition tho as mine has a good few chips of the lacquer missing around the black paint and it needs re-tipped. I've had mine around that length of time as well. It's brilliant to hear that someone else has the same cue after all those years.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Eck View Post

Alright Dan πŸ‘

Just had a look at the video and your cue is the exact same as mine, with the thick wooden joint. Yours is in better condition tho as mine has a good few chips of the lacquer missing around the black paint and it needs re-tipped. I've had mine around that length of time as well. It's brilliant to hear that someone else has the same cue after all those years.
              That's cool to hear. Nice that yours is still straight. Sadly mine was left in storage for 30 years while I was living abroad
              and when I got it back after returning to Canada, I noticed that the joint had expanded and it would no longer screw together.
              I sanded the joint down and got it to screw back in again, but it had also developed a pretty bad warp. I no longer play with
              it, but it is still nice to dig out and admire once in a while. Here in Canada, there were not too many choices for British made
              cues back then. I saw that one and bought it because of the name "Kirkham" (Kirk Stevens was my favourite player).

Hope you get it fixed up nice and it makes loads of centuries for you

Dan.

Comment

Working...
              X