X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing my snooker & billiards

Hi guys.
    New to your forum.
    Am seeking to get back onto the table after approx 8 years with a stiff painful neck, which won't allow me to take the position on the table.
    I realise I'm an old git, but still, fit for my age. I play golf without neck problems.
    have been to the Doc, who sent me for physio, but found that a waste of time. They just give me a sheet of paper with exercises to do, I do those regularly to no avail, unfortunately.

Does anyone here have a similar problem that might have a magical cure, please?

Regards

Bob

Bob - welcome to TSF

For many years back in the day, I have had issues with back and neck, and often a physio just does not "do it".
    It got particularly bad after I spun the car in an accident and a year later I did not realise I was walking around with my head tilted to one side.
    Then I went to an osteopath and he has kept me good and loose ever since. Now usually go just once every 2-year now for an MOT.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I’d also recommend an osteopath. I’ve had various issues both work related and through injuries with neck , back , and shoulder which have all been resolved by going to an osteopath. It’s not a one off cure though and you generally have to continue with exercises and stretches to some point.

Comment

3rd recommendation for an Osteopath, my wife has had long running issues with back and neck alignment and visits once a month now to get straightened up Lolz. They really understand the human skeleton and how to relieve these problems.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

To give some expectations, when I went the first time after the accident/head-tilt, It was recommended that I may need 4 visits (approx. 1 per month) but after the second I was much better and further treatments were not required.
          As mentioned I go every year or two to get loosened up

Comment

Thank you all for your replies guys.
            TBO, I don't think its a spine (bone) issue, more muscular/ligament maybe?
            I have a very good Ostiopaph that has treated me for years due to a back problem, and she has tweaked my neck twice.
            I then tried a Chiropractor, who i felt was just taking my money for a 15-minute tweak session each week.
            So the reason I ask here is to maybe try and find another solution, God knows what!!!

I guess I'll have to try the doctor again for advise.

Comment

just to add.........
              It didn't start due to any accident.

Comment

I am glad you have already have a osteopath :0
                I am also glad you have the same feelings about chiropractors!

By the way, IMO, osteopaths work mostly helps with muscular "alignment" because they are attached to the bones; get the bones right, the muscles are right

What has your osteopath said about your issues?

Have you thought that nothing is wrong except you are using your muscles in a manner that they are not used to yet?

Comment

Thanks, Dean

Yes, I believe what you say about muscle use (muscle memory?), but in my case, I'm not so sure.
                  You see, I was playing snooker & billiards (not to a great standard I add ) in my local leagues, and the neck problem just sneaked up on me.
                  I persevered for quite a while until it affected my standard of play, I just couldn't get right down on the shot if you know what I mean.
                  I use ibuprofen gel, which alleviated the pain for a little while but was not good enough for me to get on the table.
                  i guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and fork out to a professional Physio who might do some hands-on stuff (Massage etc?).

Comment

The osteopath I use is for a slipped disk that happens occasionally, She also "cracked" my neck the couple of times it was done.
                    But didn't last long.

Comment

I casn't see where to edit a post. Is there an icon?

Comment

Edit will appear once you get over 10 posts, "newbie restriction"

I would ask the osteopath again - stretch out the muscles, etc. and get the "neck-clicks" done (love those )

Comment

Yes, will look into booking an appointment sometime soon.
                          But it's so expensive, isn't it.🙄

Comment

I know, my osteopath I go to I went first time when literately he was recently qualified and he had his treatment table in what was his dinning room, now he has dedicated massive shed in the back garden with two treatment rooms and he is now £45 a session, was £25 when he started but that was over 20 years ago

But from what I hear, much less than an chiropractor wanting more for a sessin adn always multiple sessions!
                            We have grown up together, both had children along the way, etc. I know his wife, he knows mine, so it is nice to see him
                            He plays pool but not snooker and I give him tips on how to play pool better [never given me any discount when he tells me when he wins matches though!]

Good luck, let us know how it goes! :thumbs-up:
                            Last edited by DeanH; 25 January 2022, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Yes, I started with my osteopath when she first started years ago for the price of £35 a session, she has now grown with a good following and increased her price to £55. Gulp!!!
                              She is brilliant for when my back (disk) goes, one session is all I need until it goes again approx a year later, so not too bad.
                              As the problem is a slipped disk with which she twists me for a crack to put it back in place, I'm not sure whether to contact her as I think it's more a muscular (sides of my neck?) problem.
                              i wonder if a physio is a better option?🤔

Comment

Working...
                              X