Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come on newbies get posting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Come on newbies get posting

    Noticed that there are quite few new members on the forum now but the same old members doing 99% of the posting. I know almost everything has been covered here over the years but come on you newbies, get posting, don't be afraid to get shot down, you might have something new to say, new to teach us.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

  • #2
    <div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="10245867" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.4403" data-width="100%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/delia-smith-lets-be-havin-you-where-are-you-gif-10245867">Delia Smith Lets Be Havin You GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/delia+smith-gifs">Delia Smith GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>


    darn it, dont know how to get the video to display!
    Last edited by DeanH; 22 February 2022, 10:50 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

    Comment


    • #3

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SecwB...ature=youtu.be

      This is actually my ringtone, has been since I saw it all those years ago, it's just perfect.

      -
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

      Comment


      • #4
        I’d like to see a few shed projects on the go?? C’mon..

        Comment


        • #5
          Just posting on this thread to keep it alive! I'd like to see some new content from new people as well.

          Locally a new small club has opened with 4 tables, 3 BCE Westbury and a Star. They want to keep a membership of around 100 and the fee is around 60 GBP pa. Table rates are excellent at 2 quid per person per hour on the BCE tables and 2:50 for the Star. Solo rate is the per person singular charge so very reasonable for my neck of the woods. Have a friend who knows the manager and is going to check it out next week so hopefully we will have another place to play and mix things up a bit.

          Be good to hear of any other news like this from new members and old.
          No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

          Comment


          • #6
            Sounds a very good set up Cue Crafty , keep us informed how the tables play and the general set up .We have one snooker club where I am Seven quid an hour solo practice or nine quid an hour for two players ,four tables in total .Extra quid on that to play on The Aristracrat
            Last edited by mikee; 23 February 2022, 11:01 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              Just posting on this thread to keep it alive! I'd like to see some new content from new people as well.

              Locally a new small club has opened with 4 tables, 3 BCE Westbury and a Star. They want to keep a membership of around 100 and the fee is around 60 GBP pa. Table rates are excellent at 2 quid per person per hour on the BCE tables and 2:50 for the Star. Solo rate is the per person singular charge so very reasonable for my neck of the woods. Have a friend who knows the manager and is going to check it out next week so hopefully we will have another place to play and mix things up a bit.

              Be good to hear of any other news like this from new members and old.
              Book me in , I haven’t played on a Westbury since The Bangles were No1 ….. every teenage boy dreams at the time ( not the Westbury )

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                Just posting on this thread to keep it alive! I'd like to see some new content from new people as well.

                Locally a new small club has opened with 4 tables, 3 BCE Westbury and a Star. They want to keep a membership of around 100 and the fee is around 60 GBP pa. Table rates are excellent at 2 quid per person per hour on the BCE tables and 2:50 for the Star. Solo rate is the per person singular charge so very reasonable for my neck of the woods. Have a friend who knows the manager and is going to check it out next week so hopefully we will have another place to play and mix things up a bit.

                Be good to hear of any other news like this from new members and old.
                I think there's an opportunity for more clubs like this. Low member numbers high quality facilities..... was talking about it recently to some snooker friends. Might end up putting a consortium together to make it work. Definitely an opportunity in the South Wales area for this

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                  Sounds a very good set up Cue Crafty , keep us informed how the tables play and the general set up .We have one snooker club where I am Seven quid an hour solo practice or nine quid an hour for two players ,four tables in total .Extra quid on that to play on The Aristracrat
                  No wonder you've got your own table Mikee! Another local club charge 12 quid and hour on their Star table to give some insight on how cheap this is. I don't think they want to make a mint as a business, just pay the bills and keep facilities decent. No big advertising or anything just a FB group of people using extended friends for the membership. They rescued a couple of the tables from another small social club which closed down, just seem like snooker fans TBH. No bar, just a coffee pod machine and on certain times you can bring a few beers in if you want apparently.

                  Could be the future of snooker clubs.
                  No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally Posted by DJGill View Post

                    I think there's an opportunity for more clubs like this. Low member numbers high quality facilities..... was talking about it recently to some snooker friends. Might end up putting a consortium together to make it work. Definitely an opportunity in the South Wales area for this
                    I think your spot on .
                    I know if I was offered a similar club close by I wouldn’t hesitate .
                    I think this is the future of clubs in the UK and I’ve noticed more are starting to appear.
                    Nice to see places opening up instead of closing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally Posted by DJGill View Post

                      I think there's an opportunity for more clubs like this. Low member numbers high quality facilities..... was talking about it recently to some snooker friends. Might end up putting a consortium together to make it work. Definitely an opportunity in the South Wales area for this
                      Yes, I think if you can find the right place with decent rent you can make the numbers work, it needs to be more about just ticking over rather than a business to pay the mortgage so the consortium plan seems to be the way. With a smallish membership a lot of people I know would be happy to play in comps with 10/20 quid entry fees and donate a percentage back to the club if it means it helps with new cloths and pockets leathers etc.
                      No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I still can’t believe Stratford’s club with 4 Aristocrat tables only charge £1 per hour on a light meter… That’s when I get bored of playing on my own table of course

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                          I still can’t believe Stratford’s club with 4 Aristocrat tables only charge £1 per hour on a light meter… That’s when I get bored of playing on my own table of course
                          Your head will have to fit through the doors of the club first though…

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It’s no wonder there are not up and coming youngsters playing in a lot of city’s and towns at 7to 12 quid an hour ,the way that club is opening where cue crafty is seems to be the way to go .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              RULES qUESTION
                              Snooker Rules, Section 3, Rule 11 (d) (iii) suggests 7 penalty points awarded for playing at Reds in successive strokes.
                              In that case, if after potting a red the Blue is nominated but missed, and the cue ball strikes a red ball, would the penalty be 5 points (for missing Blue) or 7 points for playing at Reds in successive strokes?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X