Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by arnold jones View Post
    Thank you so much for your advice.
    As someone who played local league snooker for over 45 years and refereed many matches including cup finals over that period I have made the effort to keep up with the latest rules of the game.
    Some of the latest revised rules I still find confusing, and I shall seek advice on these in future.
    Thank you again.
    no worries - anytime

How does one become a member?
    sorry, have you got the right thread?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

What I meant is get posting on the subjected threads on the forum, not every subject on this one, good though it is to get such responses
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        What I meant is get posting on the subjected threads on the forum, not every subject on this one, good though it is to get such responses
        I thought the same but did not want to stop the flow

Comment

Hi, brand new here, looking for some answers on my new acquisition, Main post in Cues I think 😂

Comment

In tonights league match one frame ended when one player lead 90 ponts to 1 (35 points avalable) with one red remaining when the lossing player conceeded.
            Should the final score be recoded as 90-1 or 125-1?

Comment

In tonights league match one frame ended when one player lead 90 ponts to 1 (35 points avalable) with one red remaining when the lossing player conceeded.
              Should the final score be recoded as 90-1 or 125-1?
              hi Arnold
              I have answered in your other post
              https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...-thought/page3

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Don, and I'm new to this forum, and I love snooker...however, I am unfortunately quite talentless:/ But I still enjoy the game a ton. I'm in Canada, where pool is much more popular than snooker. I have a small 4' x 8' table in my basement, which is equipped with snooker pockets and 2 1/16" balls...so that's what I practice on, and once in awhile I go out to a pool hall and play on a proper 6' x 12' table, which is challenging as it's so enormous.

I'm old now, but in the 90's while in college, I worked in a pool hall and played a ton of pool and snooker, which is where I learned the basics and fell in love with the game. I really enjoy watching youtube videos of pros playing better than I can ever dream of playing.

I recently ordered a Mike Woolridge cue as a treat for myself after all these years of toiling away...but I'm beginning to worry that either the www.handmadecues.com website is a front, or that Mr. Woolridge has dropped off the face of the Earth, because since I placed my order he's been non-responsive.

If anyone here has had similar experiences, it would give me great comfort knowing that that's just the way Mr. Woolridge operates his business, and that the cue will likely show up at my door one day. Thanks, and it's good to be here

Comment

Welcome, if you read through the forum about cue makers, especially the "big name" ones, it seems to be the way they operate. I don't know the wait times for a MW cue but going by some others, it could be years until you see it but you will get it.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by dmarcellus View Post
                    Hello everyone,

My name is Don, and I'm new to this forum, and I love snooker...however, I am unfortunately quite talentless:/ But I still enjoy the game a ton. I'm in Canada, where pool is much more popular than snooker. I have a small 4' x 8' table in my basement, which is equipped with snooker pockets and 2 1/16" balls...so that's what I practice on, and once in awhile I go out to a pool hall and play on a proper 6' x 12' table, which is challenging as it's so enormous.

I'm old now, but in the 90's while in college, I worked in a pool hall and played a ton of pool and snooker, which is where I learned the basics and fell in love with the game. I really enjoy watching youtube videos of pros playing better than I can ever dream of playing.

I recently ordered a Mike Woolridge cue as a treat for myself after all these years of toiling away...but I'm beginning to worry that either the www.handmadecues.com website is a front, or that Mr. Woolridge has dropped off the face of the Earth, because since I placed my order he's been non-responsive.

If anyone here has had similar experiences, it would give me great comfort knowing that that's just the way Mr. Woolridge operates his business, and that the cue will likely show up at my door one day. Thanks, and it's good to be here
                    That is correct website. Did you get the automated response after paying? When I bought mine through this website, I just waited the 6-8 weeks quoted and then got a message saying it was ready to dispatch

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post

That is correct website. Did you get the automated response after paying? When I bought mine through this website, I just waited the 6-8 weeks quoted and then got a message saying it was ready to dispatch
                      That's a great wait time from MW, honestly thought he would be like Parris and TW.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Hi all,

New here, I used to play snooker a long time ago (well I’m 35 and stopped at around 21), used to play with a Trevor white cue which I have very fond memories of but then got into pool, reduced the cue to 8.5mm and it was never the same. Since then I’ve played pool competitively at county level for many years and now want to get back into snooker.

Just invested in a JP professional (9.5mm) which I’ve hit a few balls with and feels amazing and a Graham Hardy case just because I feel such a cue deserves it. For years I’ve thought about tip sizes and it’s probably blown my mind as I probably played the best pool of my life as a younger man with my cue before I played around with it and now I’m again tempted to take this cue down to play both. What’s everyone’s opinion on snooker with the odd pool match at 9.5mm? I appreciate it’s a bit big but I think I predominantly want to play snooker now.

look forward to contributing more in the coming months. 👍

Comment

Nothing wrong with playing pool with a snooker size ferule and tip ,My snooker cue is a 9.8 ferule with a slight over hang on the tip ,years ago when I played a bit of pool I used the the snooker cue .There’s no set rule ,if your playing well with it just go with whet feels good

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

The WPBSA Rules state that the table shall have 6 pockets, see page08 Section1 Rule1. The Standard Table.
                              Where is the definition of the pocket shape?
                              If there is a Standard Template or Templates then there must me detailed drawings for these.
                              Where can I find these drawings?
                              Regards Arnold

Comment

When designing the layout for a multy tabled Snooker and/or Pool Room is there a recomended minimum clear space between tables and between tables and perimeter wall enclosures?
                                Regards Arnold

Comment

Working...
                                X