Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by arnold jones View Post
    Thank you for your response.
    For your information, some years ago, the Club commitee decided to change the room layout, and moved the 2 tables exactly as I described but in reverse sequence.
    The work was carried out by members, shifting the tables on trolley jacks or simmilar to their present lications.
    It is hoped that the tables can be returned to the previous locations.
    How much would it cost to have table fitters dismantle, move and re-assemble the tables I wonder.
    Further comments would be appreciated.
    Ok… you got me! Your winding me up

So you wanted to know how to move two tables at your club, and now your saying they already moved them previously in the way you described? Bit of a contradiction there arnold … Get the trolley jacks back out buddy! Seemed to work for you last time!

Do tell us what mysterious club this is you speak of, so I know never to play there on the two damaged snooker tables.

Comment

Around 700 _1000 pound per table, is my guesstimate, if new cushions and bed cloths needed, depending on cloth etc. A lot less obviously if old cloth is put back on and just stretched. You may be able to strike a deal for two tables.
      Slates are bloody heavy and take some shifting, although some type of trolley is handy for moving them around.
      I would love to see someone jack a table up and push it around, please film it if you can. Theoretically, I suppose, it's possible to jack it up without damaging it but it would have to involve a lot of Jack's and done in very small incraments, then moving it around is another story, I hope you do it this way, as I said I would love to see it.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

As I may have said earlier it would be good to have two tables at my Club moved to improve layout, involving moving both tables 5.5 m approx., and rotaring one 90 deg.
        Members believe that this could be done at little cost using triolley jacks as simmilar.
        I have serious concerns that this idea could be dangerous and could damage the tables.
        Does anyone have any experience or advice on carrying out summilar work?. And does anyone have any idea of how such work would be carried out by professional fitters and at what cost.
        Regards Arnold

Comment

Geoff Large told me he went to service a table that had been moved with jacks ,and not even moved very far ,it doesn't work and is a Micky mouse way of doing it ,at the very best you will ruin the tables frames and slates ,it will then cost you more in the long run .On a plus point if you do go down this route ,video it for the members on here , we could do with a laugh .

Comment

As I may have said earlier it would be good to have two tables at my Club moved to improve layout, involving moving both tables 5.5 m approx., and rotaring one 90 deg.
            Members believe that this could be done at little cost using triolley jacks as simmilar.
            I have serious concerns that this idea could be dangerous and could damage the tables.
            Does anyone have any experience or advice on carrying out summilar work?. And does anyone have any idea of how such work would be carried out by professional fitters and at what cost.
            Regards Arnold
            Ask a table fitter, there are loads on the Internet, they will give you a quote.

Comment

Many complain that the pockets are too generous on the full size table at my club.
              How can all the pockets be reduced marginally by a professional fitter?

Comment

Many complain that the pockets are too generous on the full size table at my club.
                Replace the rubbers on the cushions I suppose.
                Last edited by fkhan; 24 June 2022, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Get a BIGGER set of balls!

Comment

With 16 reds?

Comment

Yeah that’s it!

Comment

What material is used as packing under snooker table legs when levelling the table?

Comment

Various thickness wooden coasters ,used to be beer matts

Comment

The table fitter could place a thin veneer of wood to the cushion rail to bring the rubber forwards thus putting the fall of the slate further into the pocket opening. The pocket opening would remain the same width and pots into the open pocket wouldn't be affected but balls near the cushion would be missed more regularly as they wouldn't so easily pot off a thick jaw contact but be deflected across the pocket opening rather than into it.
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Not recommended as it will alter the pocket plate and bolts and they need to be flush with the tables slates .Only one proper way to reduce the pocket size and that’s a re rubber .Filler can be used on the slate fall to make the fall of the pocket go slightly further back ,but a re rubber with some sort of match template is the only way .Anything with taking the rubber off and putting a veneer on would be more work then a re rubber .

Comment

You can use car body filler or whatever they use dowadays to fill in the pocket falls. It can be easily filed to shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X