Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi all. I'm a newcomer to the game of snooker having recently "graduated" from 8 ball and 9 ball pool. Any words of advice on making the transition to snooker would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome Maxx -

You may be our first member from Trinidad!

- Curtis

Comment

Mi Maxxx, welcome to TSF

As a pool player, you'll probably have a pretty well developed sense of position and touch and probably a decent head for angles. Those are all valuable skills that will transfer to snooker once you get comfortable with the conditions. Snooker does present a few new challenges though.

To start with, I'd recommend Frank Callan's coaching site. If you're a typical pool player your weaknesses when you come to snooker will be in rest play and medium-long potting. (Although pretty much everything on that site is worth reading)

If you want specific advice on a particular area, feel free to post a thread in TSF's coaching section and we'll do our best to help.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maxxx
        Hi all. I'm a newcomer to the game of snooker having recently "graduated" from 8 ball and 9 ball pool. Any words of advice on making the transition to snooker would be greatly appreciated.
        get advice off of the best snooker players you know, and start with your stance and cueing.......

Comment

Hi Maxxx, welcome to the forum, and i hope your transition from pool to snooker goes well.

Comment

Working...
          X