Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, newbie here from Cumbria

Hello everyone.

Just registered as a mate and I have joined local club and are planning to play for 3 hours or so approx 2 evenings a week. So looking for cue advice and generally picking up any tips that we help my progress my skills.

With only playing on full size tables seriously in the last year or so (and that was once a year) going to the table time we're spending now has already seen myself improve a lot in my eyes. This last week I've managed to get my highest break of 22 (feel free to laugh lol) and more and more getting breaks up to that, although the break I enjoyed the most was 19. 4 reds with 2 yellows, a blue and a pink. One of the yellows was long range of it's spot and the blue was as well. Really loving playing now and is almost all I think about on an evening, could say I'm hooked.

Well sorry to rattle on so much but look forward to learning loads more.

Ian

Hi Ian, welcome to the forum. Theres been a fair few threads about beginner cues recently, hopefully they might be some help to you, if not theres plenty of helpful members around here that offer top notch advice.
    Last edited by MattCash; 23 January 2012, 12:36 AM. Reason: crap spelling

Comment

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I should be asleep as our son has a touch of croup and is sounding very rough, but I can't sleep.

I've started a new thread in the cues section and I'm aiting it's approval from the admins. I'll definately have another look through thay section anyway.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum . As said loads of advice on here mate . Hope your son is getting better .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi Ian Welcome to the TSF Forum m8.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes, glad to say our son is feeling a bit better today although still quite tired.

Will be looking to sort out my new cue in the next week or so, and I'm looking at a Peradon Joe Davis 3/4 cue. Had to resist very hard stopping off at the club for a frame or two of practice on my way home from work....lol

Comment

sorry to put a dampener on this ... but if you're the Captain Scarlet of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson fame, I really wish the Mysterons with those bleeding silly circles had got you in episode 1 so we could all get back to watching our favourite - ie Thunderbirds ...

if you're a different Captain Scarlet then welcome to the forum oh, and I do realise anyone under 50 won't have a clue what I'm talking about lol ...

Comment

Hello and welcome to TSF

Comment

Working...
                X