Modify elk master or blue diamond tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modify elk master or blue diamond tips

Any suggestion to make this tips grip and works better.
    At my place, they burn it for a few second and then pressed it with pliers for several minutes. I have tried this but it does not feel good when hitting the ball. Lots of miss cue and feel too stiff especially when stun the ball. I have a box of elk master and blue diamond which I do not know it is genuine or not and I would like to modify this tip to get the best out of it.

Clamp them in a vice for over a week.

Don't have a vice, use a hammer and hammer em till it heated up. Then installed.

Comment

if the tip is any good this should not be necessary just squeeze your thumb and forefinger nail into the side and pick the one that is hard enough for you.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Some have suggested that Buttermilk and then pressing in a vice works wonders. It's so called the Buttermilk tip.

Personally though, I believe you don't need to do anything to an Elkmaster tip. Just install it. What damages this finicky tip is the cutting, sanding, and preparing.

First off, sand slowly and without generating heat. The heat dries the fibres of the tip and can cause the tip to harden too quickly.
        Secondly, don't burnish the sides when you first install the tip. When the tip beds in, the fibres need to expand somewhere and during the first few sessions, you will see fibres come out of the sides. Cut the tip, sand the edges lightly if you like but don't burnish.

The Elkmaster is a finicky tip but if you tend to it very carefully and don't tear it up, it's an excellent tip that lasts a long time.
        Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
        My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Thanks Andrew. Anyway just received your MW supertips yesterday. Hoping it will serve me well next week. Will use it on my office tournament next week.

Comment

My first MW started to fray (has been used LOTS and was getting very small!) to i decided to go with an elk this time. Left it quite big flower pot style, playing lovely at the minute without really having to play it in at all which is wierd...i think over sanding them to start with just makes them too soft and thats where the problems occur..
            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
              My first MW started to fray (has been used LOTS and was getting very small!) to i decided to go with an elk this time. Left it quite big flower pot style, playing lovely at the minute without really having to play it in at all which is wierd...i think over sanding them to start with just makes them too soft and thats where the problems occur..
              I agree , if a tip is too high i always slice a thin layer off the bottom , level off and polish with fine sandpaper . Find it much better than sanding .

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the one with lots of "hair" are not good?
                Last edited by poolqjunkie; 15 February 2012, 09:30 PM.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

spoke to steve davis on twitter yesterday, hes using a moori slow, said its like a firm elk.

Comment

Originally Posted by ichigo1661 View Post
                    Any suggestion to make this tips grip and works better.
                    At my place, they burn it for a few second and then pressed it with pliers for several minutes. I have tried this but it does not feel good when hitting the ball. Lots of miss cue and feel too stiff especially when stun the ball. I have a box of elk master and blue diamond which I do not know it is genuine or not and I would like to modify this tip to get the best out of it.

I am willing to Send you a Couple of Genuine Blue Diamonds and Elks if this helps so you can see if they are any different to the Ones you have.

Its very rare these days that the 1st Tip Blue Diamond or Elk you Fit is good may need 2/3 to Find a Good one thats why I said I send you a couple of each if that helps ok Send me your Address and I will get them out for you.

The MW Super Tips are good and normally 1st one ok but Obviously alot more expensive than normal Blue Diamond/Elk Master.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                      I am willing to Send you a Couple of Genuine Blue Diamonds and Elks if this helps so you can see if they are any different to the Ones you have.

Its very rare these days that the 1st Tip Blue Diamond or Elk you Fit is good may need 2/3 to Find a Good one thats why I said I send you a couple of each if that helps ok Send me your Address and I will get them out for you.

The MW Super Tips are good and normally 1st one ok but Obviously alot more expensive than normal Blue Diamond/Elk Master.

Gaz.
                      Thanks gaz for your generous offer. But i'm from Malaysia. So you dont need to do that. Maybe I will have to order another box from Andrew in the future. I just dont know whether we are getting a genuine elkmaster or Blue Diamond from the supplier here. The price they are selling here is about 10 pound for a box of elkmaster and 20+ pound for box of Blue Diamond. The box and the tip looks like genuine but i know the pirate can do anything to make it looks genuine.

I'm not an expert snooker player here. Played for about last 16 years but on and off. Just getting serious back since last 2 years but not that serious to become like a professional player. .Play snooker just because i love the this sport as much as I love watching football. Maybe still lack of experience to identify this tip is good one or not. After this maybe I can compare playing with a good tip since I already have the MW supertips.

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                      Am I the only one who thinks the one with lots of "hair" are not good?
                      I usually will sand my tip so that I can see a bit of hair cause I thought it might stick on the ball....will not do this after this I guess but certainly will try to pour this tip with a milk to see what effect it does just for experiment.

Comment

Originally Posted by ichigo1661 View Post
                        Thanks gaz for your generous offer. But i'm from Malaysia. So you dont need to do that. Maybe I will have to order another box from Andrew in the future. I just dont know whether we are getting a genuine elkmaster or Blue Diamond from the supplier here. The price they are selling here is about 10 pound for a box of elkmaster and 20+ pound for box of Blue Diamond. The box and the tip looks like genuine but i know the pirate can do anything to make it looks genuine.

I'm not an expert snooker player here. Played for about last 16 years but on and off. Just getting serious back since last 2 years but not that serious to become like a professional player. .Play snooker just because i love the this sport as much as I love watching football. Maybe still lack of experience to identify this tip is good one or not. After this maybe I can compare playing with a good tip since I already have the MW supertips.

I usually will sand my tip so that I can see a bit of hair cause I thought it might stick on the ball....will not do this after this I guess but certainly will try to pour this tip with a milk to see what effect it does just for experiment.
                        at £10 and £20 i can tell you they are not genuine they cost me about that as a trader.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I've just re tipped my cue today with an ELK master. Really pleased with it.

Comment

Working...
                          X