Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cue do you use?

Hi Guys,

First post on this forum, been playing snooker for about 10 months now (used to play pool) really enjoying the game. My highest break is 67, currently using a really cheap cue paid about £20 for it but am looking to purchase a decent cue now as i want to play the game for years to come. So, just wondering what make of cue do you use? I played a few frames of pool with a John Parris a few years back, also my mate has a Mike Wooldridge cue, both excellent cues and these would maybe be my top choice. I know there are lots of great cue makers out there though so would like to hear peoples opinions?

Mart.

Welcome to TSF Mart.
    Have a look in the Cue section, there are many threads on this subject, also see the Post Pictures of yur cues thread in that section, where are can see many cues.
    There are also recent threads on cue makers and opinions, which always comes down to personal preference.
    have fun :snooker:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks Dean and thanks for the reply, will have a good look through that section now.

Comment

I bought a Peradon Balmoral in January, its a 1 piece, 58 ", 18.3 oz with a 10 mm tip. My game having been in the doldrums the last few months has picked up nicely, Pool and snooker .
        Last edited by palukaville; 21 February 2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Nice one mate i'm glad you have found a cue that suits you. I'm after a 1 piece cue myself (had a lot of problems with joints in the past), similar specs to yours so i'll check those out. Thanks mate.

Comment

I would definitely get a 1 piece, after all it doesn't matter how good a joint it is, a joint is always going to be a weakened part of a cue ,

Comment

Hi mart - just put my first post on this eve & already had some helpful advice on the subject of cues.

I'v got a 2 piece 17oz 'Barracuda Challenge' which cost about £35 new & I've had it for 25yrs or so. My first post on here was relating to my cue as I've only seen one other - and that belongs to my old man. It's a bit of rarity (I think) as it has a wooden joint and as pointed out by bigandyg on this forum they're prone to picking up dirt, tightening & then breaking. I've now given mine a thorough cleaning thanks to bigandy - and boy did it need it!

I'm no expert on the subject of which are the best cues and I'd bow to the greater knowledge of others on this site on that point.

Happy hunting and I hope you find a cue that suits you.

Comment

i've always used pretty cheap cues , except maybe a cue craft monarch . a friend of mine ordered a mike wooldrige cue and now plays with a trevor with ( both maple ) , i've seen and tried a couple of o'min and paris ....
                depends of your budget but to me MW are second to none concerning finish and woods used in the process : trully tremendous looking cues . unfortunatly , as the specs of my friend cues are really different from mine didd'nt suit my game so can't talk 'bout the way they play . paris ones seems really overrated ......
                best quality/prices : mastercue , phoenix according a lot of people here

Comment

Cheers for the info guys will have a good look around and try all the cues mentioned before i make my mind up. Unless i come across a bargain deal My mate uses a Mike Wooldridge cue for pool, it's a lovely cue, same as Parris cues. Both still top of my wish list.

Comment

Originally Posted by martj View Post
                    Cheers for the info guys will have a good look around and try all the cues mentioned before i make my mind up. Unless i come across a bargain deal My mate uses a Mike Wooldridge cue for pool, it's a lovely cue, same as Parris cues. Both still top of my wish list.
                    Don't like Mike catch you saying his cues are only as good as Parris cues!!

Comment

Haha Mikes cues are better (any chance of a discount)

Comment

mine is a 59in mastercue royal.
                        My deep screw shot
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by martj View Post
                          Haha Mikes cues are better (any chance of a discount)
                          rofl !!!! mike is a god ( maybe more chances of a discount )

Comment

No idea what my cue was originally, it was a butt jointed cue with the male pin in the butt (had a square badge on the butt at one point but not from when i owned it), one day the ebony split and it went up into the shaft. I cut it off where the split stopped and sent the shaft to parris cues who respliced it and made a new butt for it. More or less is a parris cue at this point.

Specs are :

9.5mm
                            56 3/4 inches
                            27 inch butt, around 21 inches to the joint
                            around 18.75 oz

Comment

Hi Mart,

I started with a cheap 2 piece cue and a few years later, I bought myself a better one piece cue (The Match Cue by Peradon & Fletcher). I still play with this cue (20 years now) but I also have an old 1948 Permac Olympic one piece cue that I use sometimes too. A two piece cue is great for the bus, but I prefer my one piece cues.
                              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                              X