Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deant1982
    replied
    Hi and welcome Kevin. Hope you like tsf.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin DeRoo
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Welcome Kevin:

Maybe you can post some photos of your cues along with ballpark prices? I know you sell a lot into the far east and also Canada's west coast, but not a lot of people on here are familiar with your cues and quite a few have never seen one.

I bought one from you in 2005 or 2006 but I got an offer from a guy in Montreal I couldn't refuse when I was down there for a tournament a long time ago and have since switch to another cuemaker.

Terry
    Hi Terry
    I recognize the name but forget the cue I made you.
    Our prices are generally between $1000.00 and $2000.00 Cad.
    We have quite a few cues in Quebec
    How is the snooker scene in your area ?
    Thanks
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Kevin DeRoo
    replied
    Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
    Hi Kevin,

It's nice to see another fine cue maker on the forum. I've got a question for you regarding the maple shafts you use. What are the advantages of using laminated maple shafts compared to normal maple shafts? Does it give a more consistent hit?, lower deflection??? I see Marco Fu using one of your cues and by judging what I've seen from TV, the cue looks/feels quite stiff and Fu has to hit it a bit harder to get the necessary reaction especially on screw shots?

My understanding is a low deflection cue will help when potting balls and with playing side but might get less responsiveness and reaction. I'm not sure if it's Fu's technique of the attributes of the cue. I hope you can expand on my thoughts?

Ken
    Hi Ken
    The advantages of a laminated maple shaft are;
    All wood grows with a grain , layer upon layer as the tree grows.
    Now the effect of this grain is that a piece of shaftwood is much stronger and stiffer when bending across the grain
    and more flexible bending with the grain.
    The strength of our Laminated shaft becomes equalized in all directions because it is radially laminated , this gives
    the user a very consistent hit. Go to laminated shafts on my web page www.deroocues.com
    The real creative part of this design is that the shaftwood also has a bookmatched grain which also
    equalizes the natural wood tension .
    The cueball responsiveness is the same as a regular shaft with the same density and taper.
    Marco Fu uses a regular shaft because the laminated shaft was designed much later.
    Hope this helps
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Originally Posted by Kevin DeRoo View Post
    Hi Neil
    Hope what you heard was all good -I always try to keep everyone happy.
    I started repairing cues back in the late 70's until about 1988 when I started making
    snooker cues for local customers .
    I'm 57 now and started playing snooker in 1969
    Thanks
    Kevin
    www.deroocues.com
    Very nice website Kevin . I've met Marco Fu a couple of times , he practices near to where i live in a couple of clubs .
    Must look at his cue next time he is practising .

Leave a comment:

• Kevin DeRoo
    replied
    Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    excellent!

hello kevin.
    Hi Mike
    Thanks for the welcoming
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Kevin DeRoo
    replied
    Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
    welcome to the forum kev hopefully somemore input on cue making
    Hi Jim
    Yes I like talking about cues
    Are you a cuemaker as well ?
    Thanks
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    Welcome aboard...

Great to see another cue maker on the boards...

Leave a comment:

• Kevin DeRoo
    replied
    Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
    Welcome Kevin. Good to have another Canadian on board.
    Hi Wayne
    How is the snooker scene in Ontario right now
    Thanks
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Kevin DeRoo
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Welcome to TSF mate ........heard a few bits about your cues . Can you gives a little background knowledge . How you started etc
    Hi Neil
    Hope what you heard was all good -I always try to keep everyone happy.
    I started repairing cues back in the late 70's until about 1988 when I started making
    snooker cues for local customers .
    I'm 57 now and started playing snooker in 1969
    Thanks
    Kevin
    www.deroocues.com

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    hello and welcome kevin.

Leave a comment:

• MikeWooldridge
    replied
    Originally Posted by Kevin DeRoo View Post
    Hi Everyone. Just letting you know I'm on the forum now. I look forward to interacting with you all.
    excellent!

hello kevin.

Leave a comment:

• maxz
    replied
    welcome kevin to forum

Leave a comment:

• ken147
    replied
    Hi Kevin,

It's nice to see another fine cue maker on the forum. I've got a question for you regarding the maple shafts you use. What are the advantages of using laminated maple shafts compared to normal maple shafts? Does it give a more consistent hit?, lower deflection??? I see Marco Fu using one of your cues and by judging what I've seen from TV, the cue looks/feels quite stiff and Fu has to hit it a bit harder to get the necessary reaction especially on screw shots?

My understanding is a low deflection cue will help when potting balls and with playing side but might get less responsiveness and reaction. I'm not sure if it's Fu's technique of the attributes of the cue. I hope you can expand on my thoughts?

Ken
    Last edited by ken147; 8 March 2012, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Welcome Kevin:

Maybe you can post some photos of your cues along with ballpark prices? I know you sell a lot into the far east and also Canada's west coast, but not a lot of people on here are familiar with your cues and quite a few have never seen one.

I bought one from you in 2005 or 2006 but I got an offer from a guy in Montreal I couldn't refuse when I was down there for a tournament a long time ago and have since switch to another cuemaker.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• gazza147
    replied
    Welcome to the Forum Kevin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X