Greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a few days before finally posting. I'm 22 and have been playing snooker for a total of about 4 months now on average about once a week though sometimes as much as two or three times a week, I went awhile before I had a proper opportunity to try out snooker having played quite a lot of pool while at the pub or more recently part of the UEA's pool and snooker sports club.

My highest break thus far is 18, I can pot some very good long shots and tend to be quite an aggressive player, always willing to play a risky shot that will open the pack but naturally if the pot misses I leave my opponent on an easy red potentially, still trying to get consistent on my basic shots (especially screw which I can only really hit 1/10 times) which I think really holds me back from my current best of potting 2 reds and 2 colours as part of a break. I also make a habit of missing some absolute sitters but I hear that happens to everyone it's just the best players who make it happen not so often

I've already gained some good extra knowledge from the board especially practice routines which should keep my busy when I start properly solo practising. I'm playing in my first tournament tonight (it's a handicap flyer at my local Riley's with a shield competition for those that go out in the first round) and I figured if I aren't too successful with matches I can at least meet some more local players and potentially have future practise matches against some different people.
Working...
X