Introducing myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself...

I'm Bob and I'm a seventeen year old student in Dublin, Ireland... I started playing pool (American) in earnest about 6 months ago and I've dabbled around with English pool in the last few months but I really want to play more snooker.

I've played a good bit in the last month or two and as well as finding it really enjoyable I have discovered that it helps my pool playing an awful lot as shots are so much more precise in snooker.

The only downside to playing snooker is that in two hours on an American pool table my mate and I might get 30 or 40 games (including some 9-ball) but in 2 hours of snooker we might only get 3 or 4 games since we're both pretty bad at snooker right now.

My highest break is 27 and I have a feeling it always will be.

Welcome aboard Bob..

Practice makes perfect.. You are looking at the next Embassy World Champion.. When the professionals retire of course
    I'm not against women.... Just not against them often enough...

Comment

Welcome to the forums Bob,

Dont worry the more pactice you get the faster the games will be, When I could play i use to get a frame down in 15 mins.

Comment

When you could play?? I'm intrigued to hear why you can't play now? You don't have some terrible deformation that stops you do you?
        And when you could, what level were you playing at?

I struggle to have a quick game of snooker on an 8foot table with 10reds

Originally Posted by Administrator
        Welcome to the forums Bob,

Dont worry the more pactice you get the faster the games will be, When I could play i use to get a frame down in 15 mins.

Comment

Glad you asked Snazzy,

No i still have all my body parts, I just dont have the time. And to be any good at snooker you need to practice.

When I use to be in school and college, I had the time to practice after, I use to put around 4-5 hours in per day. I were never that good, but i was quite consistant with my breaks (most breaks were in the 50's) I became part of the EASB (English Association for Snooker and Billiards) to play in ameatur tournaments. But when I started work, I cut down on the practice and my game hit the bottom. If you were to play me today you'd think i had never touched a cue, i struggle to pot a colour after a red. Im the only person to blame!

Comment

I haven't played a game for a few weeks, mate is always working and Im in the process of moving (posh excuse for not being able to find my cue )

Soon as Im settled I'll be back in the game

Comment

Don't feel too bad mate. You've achieved more than I have, thats quite obvious. I'm pretty much in the same situation at the moment. If I pot a red, I don't expect to get a colour. I don't have an excuse though. Having my own table, I should be playing constantly. But work ruins everything. After work the only thing I fell like doing is sinking into my couch and fading away.
              It'd be nice to find a practice partner. I'd play/practice more often if I had someone else to play.
              So....if anyone know of any other aussie's that love pool/snooker in NSW, let me know! (feh, fat chance of that)

Originally Posted by Administrator
              But when I started work, I cut down on the practice and my game hit the bottom. If you were to play me today you'd think i had never touched a cue, i struggle to pot a colour after a red. Im the only person to blame!

Comment

Just my opionion but potting is the easy bit, positioning the ball on a colour is the difficult but..

I've mastered finishing up all the colours, whilst your mate is at the bar move the cue ball (Just kidding), I've only ever cleaned up colour wise twice

Comment

Thats why i highly recommend playing cowboy! It's a great game for teaching cueball control beacuse you need to learn english and how the balls are going to react and all that. Next time you're playing on table that isn't coin-op...give it a go.
                  I'll send you the rules if you're interested.

Comment

Stick the rules up please snaz, sounds interesting.

Snap

Comment

What i'll do is type them out on a word doc, and i'll send them to whoever would like them.
                      I'll have them to you soon mate.

Comment

Include me.. PM me for Email addy

Comment

Originally Posted by snazzydevil
                          What i'll do is type them out on a word doc, and i'll send them to whoever would like them.
                          I'll have them to you soon mate.
                          Please paste the rules of Cowboy here....I'd like to know the game you're talking about.

I'm an aussie (Melbourne) but never heard of this game name.

Cheers,
                          Colin

Comment

G'day Col, welcome to the forum. I'm from Wyong, just north of Sydney.

Could you all private message me your email addresses if youre interested in the rules for cowboy or any other game. If you don't wish to give me your email I will endeavour to make other arrangements.

other games you might like the rules for: 9ball, 8ball, straight pool, rotation, 6ball, 10ball, bank pool, one pocket, basic pocket billiards, cribbage, honolulu, bowlliards, 1cushion billiards and 3 cushion billards.

All rules a courtesy of the Virtual Pool 3 instruction manual

Comment

Hey all great forum I'm Lozzy from south wales, don't play much snooker nowadays (makes me sound old but i'm only 21 but i stopped playing like 3 years ago) but i love watching it!
                              What's that coming over the hill...

Comment

Working...
                              X