favourite tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favourite tables

I just wondered if you guys had favourite tables up your club or lucky enough to have a pro table, up my club, the only ones that I want to play on are table 7, 8. They have the best cushions, cloths, and their pockets seem to be cut all the same;I have also made my biggest breaks on those so I’m sure it has something to do with it. They also both offer the most consistence play, which I’m sure is one of the most important things while playing a game. The other ones all have their quirks, bad bounces, and the odd pocket which everyone knows is tougher than the rest.

We have two tables in my local club, they are very well maintained and recently we had brand new daylight lighting and table heaters fitted. Luckily they are very well looked after! But I prefer to playing on table 1... Can't explain why though! no other tables we play in in the local league are as good, but still very playable.

Maybe I can convince them to fit table one with a superfine cloth!?!
    Last edited by jlowap; 4 May 2014, 02:36 PM.
    James lovell

Comment

we have three tables, old Ashcroft (#1), a table I have not been able to identify yet (#2) and a 80's Enbild (#3)

Table 1 has very tight pockets and is very unforgiving and I think dished slates
      Table 2 is the best all round, pockets, cushions, cloth (changed last year), etc. our favourite.
      Table 3 A nice table, recently recloth, locally called the "billiard table" as the pockets used to be really big but have been closed up at the recloth time - our second favourite.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

i play at the Winchester snooker club in Leicester where they have 3 star tables which are very nice and suit my game as the cloth runs very fast and table 2 is my preferred table. but when playing on the standard tables i prefer table 6 again because its the fastest table but more importantly it runs true when playing delicate shots.

Comment

Play on a very old and totally re-conditioned Burroughes and Watts Table . Was at a former club that we used to play at , my mate bought it when the club shut down . Stayed in his Kitchen for ages until he bought a club and put it in one of the private rooms .

My one and only century was on this table ....so its my favourite .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I also prefer the old tables. My club has four tables however I don't play on two of them as one has buckets and the other the black cushion is a little dead. The two match tables are nicely maintained and are re-clothed every summer. My favourite is an old billiards table which has the tightest pockets of the four. It stands about an inch taller than the others which I like, and the rails are a little narrower than most so I can loop bridge by grabbing both sides of the rail. I play all my home league games on this table and have only lost once on it this season.

Comment

My club has not got any "match tables" to speak of, but table 8 is the tightest and fastest, and has steel back cushions. some of your guys snooker clubs sound amazing, you guys are lucky. I also used to play at a club in rushden, where Ebdon used to practice, made a century on his table, but only one, was hard to get onto.

Comment

I practise on a willie holt table, the only one in our club. Don't know how old it is but it works alright and the pockets are pockets, not buckets It's not my favourite though as it only has the strachan club cloth (after trying the fast cloths nothing compares) and the rubbers aren't as responsive as they could be. With frequent ironing it's fast enough for me and it's not all too hard to get the pace on faster tables when in tournaments. I live in Finland and to me your clubs sound so nice! Star tables and everything. (Once tried a Star and fell in love with it straight away)

Comment

I'm sort of lucky because my 2 favourite tables are generally not popular amongst the other club players so I get to play on them most nights. One has a slowish cloth and very tight pockets and the other is an old table that I'm told was a match table used at the worlds back in the 80s . It's the only table with steel block rails . A lot of people say it's tight but I don't think it's all that tight ( middle bags are tough though )

Randomly, the table at our club that all the better players like is one of the tables I least like .

The other club local to me has 2 tables fitted with match cloths .One is the same as the tour cloth , but can't remember ...6811 maybe ? The other is a very fine hainsworth which is quicker than the strachan cloth . Neither table has heaters though . I prefered the table with the strachan cloth though

Comment

Every single table at the club i play at the tables are getting worse, some new bloke took over the place and his last priority is the snooker room, some are getting slight rips in the cloth, where he leave's the outside door open for air it's ruining the tables, my form is getting worse as the table's are so inconsistent. wish i lived somewhere where there was a decent club.

Comment

I like the look of old B&W tables with the nice carvings on the legs. I'm not sure what other peoples opinions are but I think the silver legged Riley's Aristocrat tables player better than the Stars. Shame you don't see them on the tv no more.

Comment

Working...
                      X