Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first steps on a long way, or how the fun begins :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first steps on a long way, or how the fun begins :)

Good evening

my name is Mathias( but normally everyone calls me Matze^^) and I'm from Germany.
    I found this forum while searching for one
    in Germany. Sadly there wasn't one, but then I came across you folks here You are exactly the community I was searching for, so I decided to join you Still I'm amazed how passionately you all treat Snooker

About me and Snooker:

Well in Germany Snooker is more or less a very unknown sport. But I got into it quite early. With 10 I saw the first match on TV and was amazed about those guys poking balls with wooden sticks into those tiny holes around a green table I continued watching and slowly began to understand the rules and mechanics oft the game. With 14 I played Snooker myself for the first time. And it was one of these few moments in life, where you are totally sure about wanting to do something.
    I was sure, sure to fullfill my desire to learn to play Snooker. I went to a club and started practicing for half a year. Then life quit my attempts with lots of personal trouble. I had to stop playing. But I continued to watch Snooker on TV and sucked up every piece of information I could get, like a sponge

Today I'm 22 and attending university, life is a lot smoother and I finaly am able to do what I wanted for 8 years. Playing Snooker

Yesterday I visited my old club and asked for membership The first balls felt really like comming home.

I'm eager to start from scretch, to train hard and share the long way with you guys I'm looking forward to have many interessting discussions with you and to help where ever I can

Thanks for reading through this long personal journey of mine and sorry for all language mistakes you will find

Best whishes from Germany
    Matze
    There is always a chance to win. You just have to
    never give up!

Welcome Matze! You just reminded me that when I was 22 our local pub had a full sized snooker table which I used to shun in favour of the pool tables, what a waste!

Tag
    Princepugh

Comment

The first steps on a long way, or how the fun begins

Hallo matze.

Willkommen zum Forum. Hier wirst Du alles finden was Du wissen musst und brauchst um dein Spiel zu erweitern Spaß zu haben und neue Freunde finden.

Mann eh hab lange nicht mehr Deutsch geschrieben.

So yes warm welcome. my Germans getting rusty tho.

Comment

Thanks guys for welcomming me
        @Princepugh: But now you are finaly doing the right, that's what it's all about How awesome is it, that pubs have Snooker tables!
        Cmbrstefan: Dafür ist es aber ziemlich gut It actualy is pretty good, the german you wrote
        never give up!

Comment

Good morning Matze, and welcome to the forum. if u need any advice you could not have come to a better place. Have fun and good luck with playing snooker.

Comment

Thanks a lot biffer

I got a question for you guys: I'd like to write something like a progression diary here on the forum. Is there a function for writing a little blog, which I haven't seen ?
            Or should I just open a thread in the training section here and update this one?

Thanks for your help
            never give up!

Comment

If I’m honest I’m not quite sure, I myself am new to the forum, but I have come across a sort of progression diary before, can’t remember where about though. I think that would be an interesting read so i hope u find a way to do it, hope a more experienced member can help.

Comment

Thanks for your support
                never give up!

Comment

Working...
                X