Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Belgium

Hi!

Although i'm registered for some months, now i'm starting to get 'active'.

I live near Ghent in Belgium and my passion is cycling/cyclism. In the winter of 2009 I started to play snooker on irregular times. Not that much but surely enough to start loving the game. I've been watching the sport for years but never really played till that time. Some years later I even bought a cue. But the problem is/was that I don't really play(ed) a lot so my highest break until now is only 32.

2 years ago I met a great girl and 2 months ago we decided to buy a new house. When I saw the size of our ceiling (8m - 7m) there was a light that started to burn in my head (). I began to search for a snooker table and quite immediately found one that is only 5 miles away from home.

I bought it, not knowing what it takes to get the table on to the 2nd floor. It was a struggle to get it there (a stand to the top of my house (10m) and a crane).
    + I wasn't concious that the costs of setting up the table are that high.

I decided to try and do it by myself. The table/cloth was very well maintained. I'm quite handy and i've got some friends who're handy too (+ someone who got the knowledge of it). Actually we managed to get the table cleanly levelled and installed. The cloth is stretched really well.

And suddenly.. Your life changes a lot and you own a snooker. Now let's try to get some higher breaks by training more than ever (Off course my bike training is priority).

I've got some questions about my table. I know it's brittish and it's a table that has been made in the 90's, but that's all I know. I'm going to make some pictures and post them on the forum within a few days.

Sorry if my english isn't that well (+ that I count the size in meters :P)

Greetings
    Lievro
    Last edited by Lievro; 21 January 2015, 09:47 AM.

Hi Lievro, welcome to TSF!

Great first post, your English is excellent!

Glad to see you've been bitten by the snooker bug, and a high break of 32 is quite respectable for someone who doesn't play a lot. I bet it won't be long before you make your first 50 now that you've got your own table.

I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you identify your table once you have some photos up.

Hope you enjoy the forum. :snooker:

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

That has to be one of the best introductions on here .

We need pictures as well .

Are the Aramith balls cheaper in Belgium
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

hi lievro welcome to shawshank, it looks like you have a healthy snooker relationship, see you around.. watch out for the sisters

Comment

10928630_10204233923102931_1967802271_n.jpg
          10937494_10204233919022829_1980068771_n.jpg
          10942280_10204233926983028_1100250806_n.jpg
          10942423_10204233927303036_932127248_n.jpg
          10943402_10204233922782923_2003638157_n.jpg

I'm back

The pictures aren't from a high standard/quality, but it gives a look about how the room looks now. There's a lot of work left, but i've got plenty of time to fix that in the (near) future!

Is there anyone who got an idea about which table it exactly is?

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            That has to be one of the best introductions on here .

We need pictures as well .

Are the Aramith balls cheaper in Belgium
            I really don't know. I bought the whole package (2nd hand)

Comment

welcome to TSF Lievro, nice table
              I think it could be a Karnehm & Hillman table.
              on the last photo there seems to be a plate or a mark left from a plate on the rail, any closer image?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                welcome to TSF Lievro, nice table
                I think it could be a Karnehm & Hillman table.
                on the last photo there seems to be a plate or a mark left from a plate on the rail, any closer image?
                Ty!

It's a nameplate of CAS Coppieters. It's a Belgian snooker & pool company. They sold the table in 2008-2009.

Comment

After 4 weeks of regularly practice I can say I finally get my level of 1/2 years ago.

Yesterday I made a 21 & 25 break in one frame on my new table. Let's try to beat the 32 record asap!

Comment

Working...
                  X