New Member from Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from Japan

Hi all, just stumbled on this site and thought I'd join.
    I mostly play American pool, but played regularly on the the snooker table (more golf than snooker, though) when I was living in Canada.

I found a nice little snooker club here in Tokyo and have started to take up the game seriously and devoting lots of time to fixing up my sloppy pool fundamentals and improving my safeties and breaks. Looking forward to learning from all you snooker fanatics.

Cheers,
    Vic

Hi Rifle,

I play with an old Falcon cue with a Predator shaft. I actually started out on the snooker table way back in the day and then moved on to pool when I came over here since there is hardly any snooker around.

The snooker scene here is pretty small though, and pool is much more popular. There are maybe 4-5 places in Tokyo where you can play, the best being a place called Snooker Club, which has three tables. There is a Japan Snooker Association as well, but the level isn't very high, and I'm considered a good player over here, despite only being capable of 30-40 breaks, rarely over 50. They do have a small league and regular tournaments, with the major one being the Japan Open, so there's quite a bit to do.

Cheers,
    Vic

Comment

Nice to see members from all parts of the world. Love Japan and would imagine the clubs there are nice. Can you post some pics of the club you play at??

Comment

Nice to see snooker interest from Japan wouldn't it be blindingly good to see it as an Olympic event in Tokyo in 2020?

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...bid-from-world

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
          Nice to see members from all parts of the world. Love Japan and would imagine the clubs there are nice. Can you post some pics of the club you play at??
          I'm trying to find a way to post pictures but I don't see anywhere to upload images in the reply toolbar...

Comment

Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
            30-40 breaks aren't a bad thing. I can fly over and become Japanese Champion no problem.
            You probably could do that!
            It's pretty sad to say, but the current Japan Open Champion is a professional poolplayer who plays snooker on the side...

Comment

Welcome to TSF Vic :snooker:
              Last edited by Neil Taperell; 4 February 2015, 02:40 PM.
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by victorl View Post
                I'm trying to find a way to post pictures but I don't see anywhere to upload images in the reply toolbar...
                welcome to TSF victorl

you will need over 10 posts so see more functions such as adding attachments (posts in Newbie do not count towards this)
                alternatively you can use sites like photobucket and paste the links to display the images.

see this post for such actions:
                http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...643#post710643
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

This past week, Steven Tech, located in the town of Hoboken, hosted this annual Castle Point Anime Convention. is a Game & Watch Crystal Screen series game released in 1986. acnes to Homs and Aleppo countryside, which is being bombarded with all kinds of weapons.

My webpage :: castle clash wiki [www.reddit.com]

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
                    X