X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member and keen snooker fan

Hi

I just signed up to this forum and am in Essex

I love the game of snooker, I have not played for quite a lot of years now and to be honest miss playing and wondering if 30 is too old to get back into it and develop and play in tournaments at my local snooker club, I know I'll never make it pro as pro players started when they were 10 etc and turning pro at 16 or so.

Would really appreciate any thoughts and feedback

Kind regards

Ian

Originally Posted by ianhaney View Post
    Hi

I just signed up to this forum and am in Essex

I love the game of snooker, I have not played for quite a lot of years now and to be honest miss playing and wondering if 30 is too old to get back into it and develop and play in tournaments at my local snooker club, I know I'll never make it pro as pro players started when they were 10 etc and turning pro at 16 or so.

Would really appreciate any thoughts and feedback

Kind regards

Ian
    That's the main thing !! Welcome to tsf and enjoy ur game !! looking forward for ur posts to learn something !!

Comment

Hi Ramon

Thank you really appreciate it, looking forward to being active in this forum and getting to talk to other keen snooker fans and players and pick up tips and advice etc

Comment

Just get involved bud, get into a league team, never too old at all.
        :snooker:

Comment

Hey ian well I started playing aged 32. Never too old to learn to enjoy the game - good luck.

Comment

Go down the club and practice and get the hunger back and you will get to know the boys who play in the leagues and join them. Snooker leagues are always welcoming players no matter the standard mate. You get better over time when you get the old magic back and climb up the leagues. If you love the game don't be shy mate go in the club and enjoy yerself.

Comment

Hi all

Just want to say a massive thank you for the positive comments, really appreciate it

Is nice to hear positive feedback, can't wait to get down my local snooker club and get some practicing in and improve on my game, I saw in this forum in another post I think that is good practice to place a red on the black spot, a red on the pink spot and one in between and practice potting them and repeat 5 times and then add a extra red each week and by the end of 12 weeks, should be able to clear a full 15 reds

Would you all say is good idea to try

Comment

there is many ways to practice, give it a go and see how you get on. if you don't like it/get bored change the routine.
                :snooker:

Comment

http://www.freeball.sk/upload/Traini...20Standard.pdf

There is some good stuff here for getting sharp and not getting bored doing the same thing over and over.

Comment

Hi Alba

Thank you for the PDF, looks really good and nice various training programs to try, can't wait to try them

Comment

Working...
                    X