Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break building

Good afternoon all,
    I seem to get very nervous and miss the next shot,normally my position is good,not great but good.and I seem to end the break anywhere between 20-25.i find it difficult getting over this.if there is any thoughts or ideas to overcome this,I wou be very grateful

Pre shot routine... just make sure everything's the same for every shot...

Practice and more practice also.

Comment

Yes that makes a lot of sense,as you say concentration and practice.thank you

Comment

Try to give yourself options, especially when playing for a red, play for 2 if possible, also do not use side
        I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Thanks for the advice,I'm still trying to get good positioning for my next shot by playing with side,also screwing back with side

Comment

i used to do this quite a bit at the 20-30 break level, but if you love the game and keep playing you'll develop this skill but grow out of needing to use it

Originally Posted by Jacksdad View Post
            Thanks for the advice,I'm still trying to get good positioning for my next shot by playing with side,also screwing back with side
            Last edited by j6uk; 21 February 2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

LINE UP!
              Some people slate it, by my game improved immensely using the line up.
              Set yourself targets, to make 50 and so on, you will rapidly improve to the point you can clear the table. That's when you mix it up, using a cushion on every shot, 147, all pinks etc.. There are so many variations and all will improve your break building. Good luck!

Comment

Did you mean positioning as lining up

Comment

if your using side on every other shot then your not getting good position generally. you can make 50 breaks by playing simple roll through and stun shots as long as your positioning is good

Comment

when u break down on ur breaks, what is the most common issue ? underhitting or overhitting? out of position? out of position takes a bit of experience and strategy on what balls to plan for next. if underhitting or overhitting, then this is the most common issue everyone faces. this is down to knowledgr of the shots u are playing. u know how and where the ball needs to land, but u are playing incorrectly so you are not able to control the cueball. most players have problems in this area and it takes a little training on hitting balls and understanding the travel of the cueball before impact and after impact. practise all types of shots on most commonly faced scenarios. black 1 cushion, black stun, black screw 1 cushion, black screw 2 cushions...etc. but focus on how you are hitting the white and watch how it moves around the table. hard to explain the shots here but there are many ways to play for the same shot. idea is to get the cueball to do less work...

Comment

Working...
                    X