Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helloooo - Newbie here, please don't point!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helloooo - Newbie here, please don't point!

I realise I've come to the forum a bit late, with only two days to go at Sheffield, but still, better late than never I suppose.

Hellooooo everyone! I'm very excited about this afternoon's final. I like both players, but I'll be cheering for Mark Selby, because he's clearly quite adorable, and plays some cracking shots. I met him outside the Crucible last year, and saw his first round match then, and was really impressed with his game back then. I'm so pleased he's made it to the final.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to talking snooker with people, and to reading all your stuff. There seems to be quite a lot of catching up I'll have to do - eep!

Hi Elanor

Do you play snooker? Or are you just a fan?

Tim Dunkley
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by Elanor
      There seems to be quite a lot of catching up I'll have to do - eep!
      Welcome to TSF, Elanor

You'll have all the time in the world to catch up after the final is over. The scarily snookerfree months of the year are approaching :/
      Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Hi Elanor, Yes, Better late then never!
        Glad to have you on the forum. Enjoy yourself.
        Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Thanks guys! No, I can't play - well, I've never tried playing, which isn't quite the same thing. I'd love to learn. I sometimes play a bit of pool in the pub, but it's quite rare...

I've been watching snooker for years though. I loved it in the 80s - I liked Dennis Taylor and Kirk Stevens, and I have vivid memories of the '85 final and being allowed to stay up late to watch it all. I had a bit of a lapse into non-snooker-watching between about 18 and my mid 20s, and then I got interested again when I moved to Sheffield as a postgrad student. I don't live in Sheffield any more, but I'm not far away, in Chesterfield, so I've been going to the Crucible since 2003, I think.

Comment

Hi Elanor and welcome to TSF! Have fun!!
            2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
            2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Hi Elanor welcome to TSF

hope you have fun here!

Comment

Hi Elanor, welcome! Enjoy yourself here

Comment

Working...
                X