Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather

Good afternoon all,just to ask if anyone knows how to play during the warmer months.what I mean is my hands get sweaty,palms and dry bridge hand.ive tried moisturiser and talc,not at the same time tho.the talc does work but it also goes onto the table cloth.any tips I would be grateful.and lastly practicing on my own by potting the balls in the "t" on the table and the Reds and blue pink and black all in a straight line.but when I use the dots on the table,the cloth is worn and the balls go off course as the holes are slightly pitted.ive tried using the chalk at one end of the table,but it's difficult to judge how straight the line is.as in practicing hitting the cue ball in a straight line up and down the table.any input would be gratefully received

Tried playing in a glove , there are a few on the market .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

1. Keep washing your hands every frame and wipe your cue down
      2. Invest in a decent set of balls, or at least get your own cue ball
      3. Just try to get the cue ball to return to your tip hitting ball dead centre with no unwanted side
      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Do what I did. Move to Scotland. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
          Do what I did. Move to Scotland. Problem solved.
          Haha. Classic!

Comment

is your cue shaft varnished? if so, it will get sticky very quickly ... wiping it with a damp cloth and drying it every frame or two will help although the best way is to remove the varnish with medium/fine sandpaper ...

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

I always found rubbing cue shaft & bridge hand with talcum powder did the trick .

Comment

Originally Posted by loopyblade View Post
                  I always found rubbing cue shaft & bridge hand with talcum powder did the trick .
                  But then you get it all over the table and you get kicked out the club !

Comment

Working...
                  X