Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for letting me join the forum.

Hello and welcome to the forum :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by Kate147 View Post
      Hello Everyone

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for letting me join the forum.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43wkqM27z2E

Comment

Can you tell me what the link is you just sent, I am a bit dubious.

Comment

Dubious of me? - don't blame ya

Just saying hi - don't worry

Comment

If it wasthe one abovefrom Byrom, it's Joey from Friends, asking how you are doing this fine day. .

apologies, for the grammar above Leo, toast debris stuck under spacebar again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

haha Sorry,

I am always dubious of opening links without any text with it. Thanks everyone. I hope you are all well

Comment

Welcome aboard Kate :-D

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Does anyone have a link to a discussion about the Ban Stephen Lee got, apposed to the let off that John Higgins got for cheating. I recently watched an undercover video of John Higgins talking about cheating and recieving 300k for it. He apparently said he was frightened and agreed to do whatever they wanted because it was the Russian mafia, but he didnt look too frightened in the video to me. I want to know more detail. Thanks

Comment

Oh that old sausage -

As I remember it - Higgins did not actually do it and he never has cheated - he sort of suggested he could - but the match was not a World snooker event it was an exhibition tour event. The Higgins one was more similar to the one with Q Hann - a dodgy media set up - although his punishment was a 12 year ban the only difference being Hann was supposedly going to do it in a ranking event.

There was a few threads about both John Higgins and Stephen Lee - this is two of them

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ggins+cheating

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...n+lee+cheating

If you want to search for some old thread click on = advanced search = and type title of thing you looking for when it comes up type in title of thread or something akin to what you are looking for and press search title of thread and it gives a list of previous related thread suggestions
                    Last edited by Byrom; 11 May 2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      Oh that old sausage -

As I remember it - Higgins did not actually do it and he never has cheated - he sort of suggested he could - but the match was not a World snooker event it was an exhibition tour event. The Higgins one was more similar to the one with Q Hann - a dodgy media set up - although his punishment was a 12 year ban.
                      Quinten was banned for 8 years in 2006, so his ban is now lifted but others have said they have seen him published that he has no interest in playing pro snooker.
                      Higgins was done for bringing the game into disrepute and not reporting an approach to match-fix; he received no monies, hence the short ban, and also his manager was banned from snooker activities.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

oh 8 years - my bad -

yes both Higgins and Hann did the same thing really both set up by the dodgy newspapers - I don't think either actually did anything wrong - or got caught for doing it.

Comment

Quinten actually "knowingly entered in an agreement to join in an unlawful enterprise to fix results for financial gain." which Higgins was not found guilty of, do a different level of penalty.
                          I am sure there are those that see what Higgins did was the same but the evidence that the board saw and the verdict they came up with say it was not the same in their judgement. :shrug:
                          I personally think Higgins was naïve and too trusting at that time and soon got out of his depth; where I think Hann was premeditated and actively involved, just my opinion
                          http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...er/4725612.stm amongst many other links
                          Last edited by DeanH; 11 May 2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Well Q Hann never actually turned up to defend himself I believe - so nothing fair in that verdict.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                              Well Q Hann never actually turned up to defend himself I believe - so nothing fair in that verdict.
                              yep correct he resigned his pro ticket days before the verdict hearing, he was found guilty in his absence,

Comment

Working...
                              X