Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help! which one?

Hi there,
    New to this forum, just got back into playing snooker from a few years out. Can anyone help me on choosing a cue, I have narrowed it down to just 2 as I can get both cues for next to nothing (long story, lol.)
    Please could you advise on the better cue?

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Prod...er/9018189.htm

Or

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...master+expert+

Please advise on why one cue is better than the other, my knowledge is almost non existent, lol.
    Remember. Price is irrelevant. Cue is in question only

Thank you in advance.
    Richard

bit steep for what they are....but if i was to go for one it would be the one with a 10mm tip purely on the basis of just starting out again and i think a 9mm tip would destroy your confidence.

If you have that money to spare then there are far better cues for that money.

Comment

Thanks luke, I understand there are better cues for the money but I can get one of these for next to nothing. Any idea what make the expert so much more expensive? Thanks for your input.

Comment

Its more to do with makers names, being handmade and use of expensive exotic woods, i see one of thos argos cues has ebonex which iirc isnt real ebony.

Its not the cue anyway its the arm behind it that makes the difference, youre just starting back so get one of these get a feel for the game again then if need be there are plenty of decent other cues if thats the way you want to go from as little as just over 100 quid.

Comment

Appreciate that luke. Wise words, think I will go for the 10mm tip as you advised. Once I am back in the game I will look for a cue that fits my needs. For now best just to get playing i guess.

Comment

What i want to know is how you can get them cheap and just how cheap lol. Of the two id probably go for the expert

Comment

Work promotional sort of thing, get them through sponsors.

Comment

Personally i think if you get them free you paid too much !!
                Better off getting your hand in your pocket and buy a proper cue, i cannot believe anybody would pay that sort of money for those cues

Comment

Originally Posted by richie1973 View Post
                  Work promotional sort of thing, get them through sponsors.
                  Cool, and good luck getting back into snooker

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Personally i think if you get them free you paid too much !!
                    Better off getting your hand in your pocket and buy a proper cue, i cannot believe anybody would pay that sort of money for those cues
                    Neither can i but if you can get one cheap, no harm in trying it, could end up playing well

Comment

If you're getting them really cheap then buy both and try out both. Keep the one you like and sell the other one at a discount to a buddy or a kid just starting out. That way you get 2 players going.
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Would do that for sure but unfortunately I can only pick one.

Comment

How cheap can you actually get them?

Over £30 and i wouldnt bother.

Comment

I switched of as soon as I saw the word Argos - to be honest I would only buy kitchen bits n bobs from there - cues stick to this place

Comment

Working...
                            X