Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could change one rule, what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could change one rule, what would it be?

I would change the rule which allows you to roll up and snooker your opponent behind a colour after potting a red to lay a snooker on all reds, and make it a 7pt foul and free ball to opponent, I would however make it legal to e.g. nominate yellow and snooker behind another colour.
    Last edited by brazil70; 28 June 2015, 05:05 PM.

I would axe the miss rule

Comment

Originally Posted by brazil70 View Post
      I would change the rule which allows you to roll up and snooker your opponent behind a colour after potting a red to lay a snooker on all reds, and make it a 7pt foul and free ball to opponent, I would however make it legal to e.g. nominate yellow and snooker behind another colour.
      6-reds already have this alternative
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

the "ungentlemanly" conduct needs to be enhanced/improved/published more, as I fell that (some) referees feel awkward applying it; especially to some of the big names.

Comment

Totally agree, except if not snookered, ie can see at least a full ball on, in which case call a miss.

Comment

I'd bring in the rule from pool about having to hit a cushion with any ball, after cueball contacts a ball
            ( unless you pot a ball )

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              I'd bring in the rule from pool about having to hit a cushion with any ball, after cueball contacts a ball
              ouch, cruel

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                the "ungentlemanly" conduct needs to be enhanced/improved/published more, as I fell that (some) referees feel awkward applying it; especially to some of the big names.
                Not sure any rule about playing the game should be changed, however, agree with DeanH there should be something done about poor sportsman but very difficult to implement. Too many club players think its fine to throw a tantrum or make a nuisance of themselves when playing others and it spoils for others.

Comment

I'd make it a foul if you take more than 20 seconds for a shot
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

If you abolished the miss rule, then surely people would (in particular situations) play safe and just put the white against a cushion at the other end of the table rather than attempt to hit the ball. I always presumed this was the why it existed.

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                      I'd make it a foul if you take more than 20 seconds for a shot
                      I'd say 30 myself, unless the player is in a snooker, fed up of time wasting players. But I'm with you on this.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                        What, and then give two shots carry?! If folk miss in snooker the object ball generally hits a knuckle or cushion anyway, so no foul would be given, waste of time. Folk usually hit a cushion on most safety shots. Unless folk are running up to the pack, I can see the rule coming in to play then.

Comment

id bring in you had to have had 6 pints before playing a match

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                            I tried this last season and it worked ok if i was drawn first or second, after that it was a struggle and even more so if they put snacks on the bar
                            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                              Do you mean that's not already a rule?

I've been playing that way for years.

I would keep the miss rule, but only as it would apply to a striker not making an attempt to hit a ball on. If you make a decent enough try, no miss. This is just with the lads. The pros should make every shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X