Hello fellow baize lovers! Any of you in sunny wolves looking 4 a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by markz View Post
    How did the lessons go and which coach did you use?
    Used Andrew who coaches out of the Golden cue. To be honest even though I used to play a bit I was doing most things wrong! i.e stance grip and I was always lashing at the ball, only had a couple so far but they are ongoing, already though I am playing a lot better as i though I had a eye for a pot and now I realise the correct way for stance grip and so on its all starting to sink in. I have also been looking at a few vids on you tube have taking a liking to Barry stark yeah it is becoming obsessive, but considering I have barely picked a cue up in 10 years really happy with what I have achieved so far in about a month

Comment

Yes I would always be looking for a playing partner. Unfortunately I live in Scarborough , CANADA. The game is dead in Canada.
      Originally Posted by Welshbaizeboy View Post
      Just trying to get back into the game after some years, had some lessons to brush up my cue action as I suspected that was holding me back in the past . Anyone looking for a game in the area let me know or I could travel if your not too far.

Comment

Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
        Yes I would always be looking for a playing partner. Unfortunately I live in Scarborough , CANADA. The game is dead in Canada.
        thats Sad no more Kirk Stephens and white jump suites in the pipe line. If I ever emigrate will look you up Bob

Comment

Come to Bowmanville, Ontario. Bring money.
          gpfan

:snooker:

Comment

Where are you, Bob? I moved from Scarborough to Bowmanville last year.
            gpfan

Comment

Sounds good. Kirk lives in my area but he does not play anymore. Not sure what he does for a living!
              thats Sad no more Kirk Stephens and white jump suites in the pipe line. If I ever emigrate will look you up Bob

Comment

As an occasional 30 clearance player I won't be playing anyone for Money or Table time! I actually have a pool table and a snooker table[Westbury BCE ] in my home.
                Originally Posted by gpfan View Post
                Come to Bowmanville, Ontario. Bring money.

Comment

Used Andrew who coaches out of the Golden cue. To be honest even though I used to play a bit I was doing most things wrong! i.e stance grip and I was always lashing at the ball, only had a couple so far but they are ongoing, already though I am playing a lot better as i though I had a eye for a pot and now I realise the correct way for stance grip and so on its all starting to sink in. I have also been looking at a few vids on you tube have taking a liking to Barry stark yeah it is becoming obsessive, but considering I have barely picked a cue up in 10 years really happy with what I have achieved so far in about a month
                  I'd give you a game mate. Easier to arrange a session via pm on here. You only need to make 10 posts on the forum, they don't count in the newbie section. Just find a few threads you can comment on, what cue you use, tip, chalk, anything just to build your post count and get pm privilege.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                    I'd give you a game mate. Easier to arrange a session via pm on here. You only need to make 10 posts on the forum, they don't count in the newbie section. Just find a few threads you can comment on, what cue you use, tip, chalk, anything just to build your post count and get pm privilege.
                    Yeah ok I will build some posts up and pm you

Comment

Yeah ok I will build some posts up and pm you
                      Pm sent mate. I'm up for a knock if we can sort it.

Comment

Bob1 & gpfan:

The Corner Bank in Scarborough (Warden Ave) is fairly active with 8 snooker tables and so is Monte Carlo with 6 tables. We will also be planning the OBSA/OSC 2017/18 season where we plan to hae 10 tournaments plus the Ontario Championships probably in April. Details will be posted soon on 'www.ontariosnooker.club'. At the end of last season we were getting around 30 players of all skill levels however it isn't handicapped as they are also qualifiers for the Canadian Champs, both Men's and Masters (over 55)
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

As an occasional crap player, my post was a wee joke.

The reason I suggested the Legion for a game, was that you do not know me. I do not know you. Are you sure you'd like to invite a stranger into your lovely Bluffer's area house for a frame?

A frame or two at the Legion to start, ensures that you are not a scattergun toting hillbilly with a thing for pretty lips and pig squeals, and that I am not Charlie Manson. Or Stephen Lee.
                          gpfan

Comment

Originally Posted by gpfan View Post
                            As an occasional crap player, my post was a wee joke.

The reason I suggested the Legion for a game, was that you do not know me. I do not know you. Are you sure you'd like to invite a stranger into your lovely Bluffer's area house for a frame?

A frame or two at the Legion to start, ensures that you are not a scattergun toting hillbilly with a thing for pretty lips and pig squeals, and that I am not Charlie Manson. Or Stephen Lee.
                            HAHA was all pretty funny but especially the Lee ending

Comment

Just trying to get back into the game after some years, had some lessons to brush up my cue action as I suspected that was holding me back in the past . Anyone looking for a game in the area let me know or I could travel if your not too far.
                              Where ru ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                                Bob1 & gpfan:

The Corner Bank in Scarborough (Warden Ave) is fairly active with 8 snooker tables ...
                                Is that VIP Snooker at Warden and Ellesmere? I was a member, there, twenty years back. THEN, I could have given Bob1 a good game! lol

PM with more news, please, Terry.
                                gpfan

Comment

Working...
                                X