Buying a John Parris Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not a problem.

I'm planning on going next month sometime. Are you after smaller or bigger tips? Tell me your desired specs and I'll see what's in stock.

If any others have questions then message and I'll find out for you in person.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
      Originally Posted by Levi View Post
      I flew from Norway to visit his store and I bought a cue from him there and then! Perfect! And of course I got to try it first.
      Figured that the customs and the shipping would cost me more than the plane ticket and a night at a hotel..
      I would never buy something that expensive and just gamble that I like playing with it But thats me
      That's great. What did you buy? Mate of mine just bought a JP Professional direct from the shop. Lovely cue.
      I bought the same, professional very happu with it
      Do you know why Neil Robertson is very good at playing plants?

- `cause he is e vegetarian :biggrin-new:

Comment

Hi guys, May I know the present waiting time for a JP classic? Do they allow tip size alterations apart from the standard ones on their website? What shaft would be ideal? I guess not too whippy not too stiff. If not specified, what shaft do they make by default?

Comment

Well his site claims mail orders are built from existing whatevers so you can just customise

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
            Hi guys, May I know the present waiting time for a JP classic? Do they allow tip size alterations apart from the standard ones on their website? What shaft would be ideal? I guess not too whippy not too stiff. If not specified, what shaft do they make by default?
            It says 12-18 weeks for 16” 3/4 cues on their website, but doesn't mean much, they take as long as they can get away with.
            As for tip sizes yes you just use the drop down menus to alter the cue to what you want, see link below, i'm not actually sure if you can specify the stiffness (not something that's measurable anyway) maybe when you order one you can request what you want ?
            https://www.parriscues.com/products/...t/classic_cue/

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              It says 12-18 weeks for 16” 3/4 cues on their website, but doesn't mean much, they take as long as they can get away with.
              As for tip sizes yes you just use the drop down menus to alter the cue to what you want, see link below, i'm not actually sure if you can specify the stiffness (not something that's measurable anyway) maybe when you order one you can request what you want ?
              https://www.parriscues.com/products/...t/classic_cue/
              I was thinking of 9.6mm. The site does not have this option. Do they entertain such alterations after placing the order?

Comment

I was thinking of 9.6mm. The site does not have this option. Do they entertain such alterations after placing the order?
                Hmm i doubt anyone can tell 0.1 mm difference, just order the 9.5, are you good enough to notice that ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Hmm i doubt anyone can tell 0.1 mm difference, just order the 9.5, are you good enough to notice that ?
                  Played with 9.5 and 9.8 not quite felt right. So, thinking about something in between like 9.6

Comment

Played with 9.5 and 9.8 not quite felt right. So, thinking about something in between like 9.6
                    Err gotta agree with jrc here. Requesting 9.6 over 9.5 is ridiculous haha. Try 10mm

Comment

Ordered Dec 2nd, 2017 and just received yesterday, May 14th, 2018 ........ for a collection cue.

It is totally out of the delivery schedule as mentioned at JP website, nonetheless, I got to say I am extremely please with the craftsmanship, butt wood, shaft and finishing of the cue.

Well worth the waiting time 👍

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                        I not too long ago called the shop to find out what they had in stock.
                        I was informed that all stock was standardised eg 9.5mm ferrules on all cues.
                        Don't want you to go out of your way, but if you could pop in one day to see if this is the case or not - I'll be grateful to your time anish
                        Totally forgot about this thread...but I was there a few weeks back and yes, it does look as though the cues on the shelf are 9.5mm. I obviously didn't check every cue but they all feel pretty standard spec. What they have on the shelf varies totally - having been there a couple of times last month, it's not easy to predict what may or may not be available. There was a Paragon for example, a few uniques, the number of standard cues varied on each visit.

Comment

pm me, i can save you allot of time and money. I have a Paragon plain butt maple that I have been thinking of selling, I would ask less than what I payed 5 years ago. Cheers
                          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Better to order a 10mm imo, easier to go down in size if you feel its too big without messing with the rest of the cue.

Comment

Mike Wooldridge has quite a few cues in stock in his shop nearly ready to go out in a few days not weeks. You will get a better cue as well imo of course...and a lot of others too..just sayin"

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                                Better to order a 10mm imo, easier to go down in size if you feel its too big without messing with the rest of the cue.
                                Totally agree with that. Lots of people aren't sure when they come to me so I will always point them in the direction of larger if there are no real reasons for a smaller size; as you say, very difficult to go larger once bought!

There's always one that catches you out like the guy who wanted a 14mm tip to play snooker with. We settled on a 10mm ferrule with a 12mm trumpet tip to see how he got on!
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X