Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a John Parris Classic

Hi everyone.
    I have looked on the forum for a thread similar and couldn’t find so I thought I’d start a new one.

I ordered a JP classic cue off his website thinking it would be sent quickly (maybe one of the rack) with it being a classic and a pretty standard spec of 9.5 tip and 19oz weight. I’m into my 8th week of waiting. Just wondering if anyone else has done this or has bought a classic off the website and how long they waited?

Thanks

12 - 18 weeks delivery time ......

Comment

Generally on any cue whatever his waiting list is i would double it.

I ordered a 1 piece ultimate in June 2012, came last week five and a half years later don't care what anyone says either though with the Parris hate/jealousy his cues are worth the wait and the prestige of the name it's an awesome cue you won't be dissapointed.

Comment

if you get it within 6 months you are doing well.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
          Generally on any cue whatever his waiting list is i would double it.

I ordered a 1 piece ultimate in June 2012, came last week five and a half years.
          That is truly shocking. I don't care what anyone says, 5 1/2 years to receive goods you've paid for is utterly ridiculous. People serve less time for murder.

Comment

Originally Posted by bolty View Post
            That is truly shocking. I don't care what anyone says, 5 1/2 years to receive goods you've paid for is utterly ridiculous. People serve less time for murder.
            You don't pay for it until its ready, there's a £100 deposit but considering the ultimates for a basic black butt cost in the region of £950 that's to be expected.

Personally i think this whole waiting time is a total farce, obviously planing them down by hand is part and parcel of the reason for the wait, think its about time they just used an electric planer to speed up the process. Not like its going to affect how the cue plays so i don't see why they still stubbornly stick with this archaic method that takes far too long.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
              You don't pay for it until its ready, there's a £100 deposit but considering the ultimates for a basic black butt cost in the region of £950 that's to be expected.

Personally i think this whole waiting time is a total farce, obviously planing them down by hand is part and parcel of the reason for the wait, think its about time they just used an electric planer to speed up the process. Not like its going to affect how the cue plays so i don't see why they still stubbornly stick with this archaic method that takes far too long.
              The waiting time adds to the mystic of the cue and its bespoke reputation.
              Pool players are happy to wait 5-10 years for a szamboti cue due to waiting lists and personal designs. And they have been known to refuse to make a cue if the individual doesn't have good references or referrals. So I think JP is quite adhering to his admiring customers.

A collector is happy to wait. A player just wants to play...
              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019
              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

The waiting time annoys me. I’ve seen many videos of plain wood cues on various John Parris videos, 100s infact all stacked up and ready for the ebony. I tried asking for them to send me one off the shelf as my specs were quite standard but wasn’t allowed haha.

Comment

We live in a society now where everyone want's things five minutes ago.
                  No one want's to put the time in to be skillful at a sport like snooker they would rather download some app that magically makes you pot balls while taking selfies via your thousand pound smartphone that will be a piece of junk in 3 years when the new one comes out.

My point is be careful what you wish for, some things are worth waiting for and actually priceless. In today's modern times it's great we have such a simple game like snooker and some priceless equipement that money and modern technology can't buy or replicate in any way. My cue I'll never part with it, EVER there is a story behind my cue, it has a special importance to me because of how long I waited and the luck I had in finally getting it.

I'm happy I got through the waiting time I understand how frustrating it is thinking about it but his cues are worth it 100%.

Comment

We live in a society now where everyone want's things five minutes ago.
                    No one want's to put the time in to be skillful at a sport like snooker they would rather download some app that magically makes you pot balls while taking selfies via your thousand pound smartphone that will be a piece of junk in 3 years when the new one comes out.

My point is be careful what you wish for, some things are worth waiting for and actually priceless. In today's modern times it's great we have such a simple game like snooker and some priceless equipement that money and modern technology can't buy or replicate in any way. My cue I'll never part with it, EVER there is a story behind my cue, it has a special importance to me because of how long I waited and the luck I had in finally getting it.

I'm happy I got through the waiting time I understand how frustrating it is thinking about it but his cues are worth it 100%.
                    Tap tap...
                    My cues are also priceless to me too. I pity the fool who tries to buy one from me...
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019

Comment

We live in a society now where everyone want's things five minutes ago..
                      I can understand a 6 month wait, or maybe even a year. but 5 and 1/2 is laughable. ADR delivered my cue in 3 days absolutely worth the wait! Brilliant cue

Comment

I flew from Norway to visit his store and I bought a cue from him there and then! Perfect! And of course I got to try it first.

Figured that the customs and the shipping would cost me more than the plane ticket and a night at a hotel..

I would never buy something that expensive and just gamble that I like playing with it But thats me
                        Do you know why Neil Robertson is very good at playing plants?

- `cause he is e vegetarian :biggrin-new:

Comment

Originally Posted by Levi View Post
                          I flew from Norway to visit his store and I bought a cue from him there and then! Perfect! And of course I got to try it first.
                          Figured that the customs and the shipping would cost me more than the plane ticket and a night at a hotel..
                          I would never buy something that expensive and just gamble that I like playing with it But thats me
                          That's great. What did you buy? Mate of mine just bought a JP Professional direct from the shop. Lovely cue.

Comment

I llive 10min away from JP shop, but at present I prefer the TW I recently bought. I can visit the shop pretty easily if anyone has specific questions

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                              I llive 10min away from JP shop, but at present I prefer the TW I recently bought. I can visit the shop pretty easily if anyone has specific questions
                              I not too long ago called the shop to find out what they had in stock.
                              I was informed that all stock was standardised eg 9.5mm ferrules on all cues.
                              Don't want you to go out of your way, but if you could pop in one day to see if this is the case or not - I'll be grateful to your time anish
                              National Snooker Expo
                              25-27 October 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X