• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael B - see why list don't last
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      yes I have noticed the last couple of days the unusual badge position and possibly some new splicing, not found any info yet on this work
      if this now not a Parris then that brings it to 53% for the top 16 - and if Selby IS using a Parris then back to 56%
      Robertson’s new cue is 100% a Parris, Selby is Stamford

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
        Robertson’s new cue looks like a Stamford to me. Its definitely not a Parris from the positioning of the badge.
        Back to 50%
        https://twitter.com/ParrisCues/statu...04724724314112

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/nr147/sta...42680330457088

Comment

Fair play. Never seen a Parris with a badge that high up the cue before.

Comment

cheers Marriott
              can you keep any eye out for any details

Comment

Lol Jimmy White’s Parris badge was almost at the 3/4 joint after all the work done on it lmao

Comment

that is what caught my eye back on Friday and initially thought he had a micro-extension on at that time

Comment

Originally Posted by marriott View Post
                    Lol Jimmy White’s Parris badge was almost at the 3/4 joint after all the work done on it lmao
                    I'm near sure they place the badge higher up on round butts because the badge seems to be set deeper into the wood, and if the cue has an SD joint there's a possibility that both holes could meet and cause damage. They seem to position the badge slightly higher up than the length of an SD socket pin would be.

Comment

on Robbo's cue I am sure I saw a normal flat (not a round butt) and the badge was just above the flat.

for all the years (since 80's?) of a butt-joint and a badge in the flat in close proximity (thickness of wood between) - not heard much about this being a major issue

on round butt I have seen that they do tend to use a Perspex-type badge which are thicker and need deeper routing but still in the usual position
                      Last edited by DeanH; 29 July 2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

50% of the top 16 don’t use Parris cues. Them days are long gone!
                        Current top 16:
                        Mark Selby - Stamford
                        Ronnie O'Sullivan - John Parris
                        Mark Williams - John Parris
                        John Higgins - Exquisite
                        Judd Trump - John Parris
                        Ding Junhui - Stamford
                        Barry Hawkins - John Parris
                        Shaun Murphy - John Parris
                        Kyren Wilson - John Parris
                        Neil Robertson - John Parris
                        Ali Carter - John Parris
                        Mark Allen - John Parris
                        Stuart Bingham - McDermott
                        Anthony McGill - Maximus
                        Luca Brecel - Maximus
                        Ryan Day - Ton Praram

to my calculation that is 9/16 = 56.25%

of course a player may have changed cue over the break - please let me know if you have information of any change

now if Maguire had gone though to the final of the Riga he would have made the top 16 (even top 10 maybe ) and a GBL could have been in there
                        Pretty sure Barry Hawkins doesn't use a Parris, not sure who made it but positive it's not a Parris.

Comment

I'm wrong, Hawkins cue apparently is a Parris Classic that had olive wood splices added around 2010.

Comment

on Robbo's cue I am sure I saw a normal flat (not a round butt) and the badge was just above the flat.

for all the years (since 80's?) of a butt-joint and a badge in the flat in close proximity (thickness of wood between) - not heard much about this being a major issue

on round butt I have seen that they do tend to use a Perspex-type badge which are thicker and need deeper routing but still in the usual position
                            The parris round butts the badge is generally higher, i'm not sure if the reason i gave is accurate or not but it seems to make sense.

You can see it on these round butts on ebay, it's around 2 inches or so from the base, that would be roughly give or take the length of the sd joint pin.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...sid=m570.l1313

Comment

Jimmy White’s cue has a very shallow flat with the badge a couple of inches above it.
                              Looking at Robertson’s cue again it looks very similar to this.
                              They both must play with the flat down or to the sides otherwise I’m not sure why anyone would do this because personally I think its a horrible look.

Comment

Nope Neil Robertson confirmed on his Twitter that his new cue is made by John Parris, a one piece with more power than his last which was a JP Classic cue
                                What does it mean....MORE POWER...in a cue? Stiffer?

Comment

Working...
                                X