Hi guys new here and after some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys new here and after some help

Hi, just signed up and was after some help. I’m looking at buying a new cue after 20 years of my old one and was just gonna list an take best price but someone mentioned it may be better than I thought but I can’t find much about it. Some have said it’s by barracuda or maybe north west so don’t want to give it away. I bought it from frank sandells in Worthing around 20 years ago. Any info or worth would be great. Thanks in advance

Hi guys new here and after some help

yep Frank did some of the North West cues back in the day and they can be very nice cues, so maybe don't let it go and keep it.
    I am not saying don't get a new cue as some do like buying cues for her sake of buying cues (if only I could :wink
    what is your budget for the new cue?
    welcome to TSF by the way

Frank still sells some cues and I am sure he will help you out, any excuse to visit his shed is always a good shout
    Last edited by DeanH; 20 December 2018, 11:57 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi I moved away so can’t really get down to him now and my budget is around the £200 mark. I just find it a little heavy for me as I only played a few times a year before but now nearly weekly. Was looking at the Peradon prince and I also want a 3/4 cue
      Thanks for the welcome

Comment

Depends where you are, for that budget I would have a look at Green Baize Ltd (www.greenbaize.com), Stu is always very helpful over the phone and picking out a cue from his vast stock
        Or Andrew - ADR147 - here on TSF also has an ebay shop you can have a look at but he tends to have more stock around than on the shop. You can contact him via his ebay shop or TSF PM or his email adr147@hotmail.com

There are others but those two come to mind

Good luck, let us know what you get

Comment

Hi Chrish,
          the only advice you'll get on here is Stu at Greenbaize or ADR147 but there are cuemakers on the forum who could alter the cue you have and make it more suitable for you.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Thanks for the info I’ll have a look at the sites later. Just had a message from frank who informs me my cue is not a north west but a barracuda. At last I have an idea to what I have. Have a great Xmas everyone

Comment

yep there are cuemakers like vmax and ninja and others, who can modify your cue or make you a new one
              no disrespect meant for the omission

Comment

Think I’m gonna get a new butt for my cue as that is where all the weight is. It nearly weighs 20oz and the butt section (is a 3 piece) weighs 6oz alone and the price frank told me to sell it for is pretty much what I was gonna spend on a new one. I’ll message adr147 and see what he has as the ones I’ve seen on eBay for pennies don’t look great.
                Cheers guys merry Xmas

Comment

Working...
                X