Tip size and new cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip size and new cue

Evening to everyone and merry Christmas to all, I have just received a new cue, it was a Christmas present from my family and it is a Britannia shadow 3/4 joined cue and the tip I believe is 7.5mm, i have never played with a tip this small before I am used to the bigger tip around 9-9.5mm. Was just wondering if any of yous have played with or currently play with a tip size this small and csn give me any information on how it plays and any tips when playing, thanks!

Would be a good size for UK pool, but I wouldn't personally use anything that small for snooker. I'd be scared of damaging it hitting heavier snooker balls.

Comment

Originally Posted by Joe1995 View Post
      Evening to everyone and merry Christmas to all, I have just received a new cue, it was a Christmas present from my family and it is a Britannia shadow 3/4 joined cue and the tip I believe is 7.5mm, i have never played with a tip this small before I am used to the bigger tip around 9-9.5mm. Was just wondering if any of yous have played with or currently play with a tip size this small and csn give me any information on how it plays and any tips when playing, thanks!
      If you had two you could start knitting.
      Far too small IMO.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Wouldn't be my choice for either snooker or pool. 8.5 would be the smallest I'd play with and I personally prefer around 9.5.

Comment

I get a few pool players asking me for around 7.5mm to 8.5mm but I try and put every snooker player off these sizes unless they've been using them for years and at a reasonably high er standard as they still have ti find the centre of the white ball!
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
          X