No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello people,

I'm fast approaching 40's and began playing snooker (billiards, for that matter) exactly one year ago after having an eye operation. Used to watch snooker on and off since the late 90s, but more often than not I was quite angry while watching cueists for not being able to play this great game myself because of eye issues and lack of facilities here in Turkey. In any case, I have been practicing a lot lately and I did manage to make breaks of 40+ a few times during the past few weeks. I don't really know whether that's good or bad - on the one hand, I feel like achieving this in only a year with no prior billiards/snooker experience is great, but on the other hand, I think that because there aren't any good snooker players here in Turkey, 40+ might feel like a century break to somone like me and make me complacent.

In any case, I hope there will be further improvement and that I manage to have a century break before I get to an age where I can't hold the cue still.

best,
    waldon

Nothing wrong with 40 + breaks after only playing for a year .

Welcome to TSF :snooker:
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Getting a 40 break within a year from just starting out is pretty amazing really. How often are you playing ? and it is a full size table isn't it ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Getting a 40 break within a year from just starting out is pretty amazing really. How often are you playing ? and it is a full size table isn't it ?
        First six months I could play around 3 days per week, mostly frames against others. For the past six months, i've been playing four days a week on average, which includes solitary practice sessions as well.

Yeah, full table size

Comment

Well, you sound better than me, and I've been playing nearly 30 years.

Glad you can play now, and welcome to the forum!

Comment

40+ nice work, lm mid thirty, but not consistent. Good to hear the eyes are working.

Comment

Working...
            X