Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Im new to TSF.

Hello,

Just a quick thread to say hello. I hope I can get involved and help out some snooker players here.

I am a snooker table and pool table fitter and work for one of the largest pool and snooker retailers and fitters in the south west.

Have been working on pool tables and snooker tables amongst other things for over 5 years now and have a team here some of which have been working on snooker tables and pool tables for more than 25 years.

Look forward to getting to know a few people and helping out where I can.

Cheers,

:snooker:

Originally Posted by Snooker_Man View Post
    Hello,

Just a quick thread to say hello. I hope I can get involved and help out some snooker players here.

I am a snooker table and pool table fitter and work for one of the largest pool and snooker retailers and fitters in the south west.

Have been working on pool tables and snooker tables amongst other things for over 5 years now and have a team here some of which have been working on snooker tables and pool tables for more than 25 years.

Look forward to getting to know a few people and helping out where I can.

Cheers,

:snooker:
    Welcome snooker player
    I had a crack at your job in the late 70's worked with Alan Vowles one of the only self employed table fitters then. He made a great living out of it and we toured most of the UK reclothing snooker and pool tables. Great memories
    Last edited by Son of Cliff; 6 May 2008, 02:14 PM.
    Welsh Is Best

Comment

Hey,

Yeah is pretty interesting, certainly get to see lots of different people and places. Though not so far afield these days by the sounds of it. You more of a player these days then? I guess, if back then he was one of the only fitters then he and you must have fitted a few world championship tables?

Comment

Originally Posted by Snooker_Man View Post
        Hey,

Yeah is pretty interesting, certainly get to see lots of different people and places. Though not so far afield these days by the sounds of it. You more of a player these days then? I guess, if back then he was one of the only fitters then he and you must have fitted a few world championship tables?
        I think if memory serves me well, Alan fitted the tables at the Crucible a few times, he only live a short way from Sheffield a place called East Ardsley not far from Wakefield.
        I only worked with him for 3 or 4 months I was only 16 and helping out with the snooker firm my father and Alan Phillips had set up. There were plenty of table firms and fitters then but Alan Vowles was used by lots of different people, he did not want to work for a company it would have cost him to much money. He could do a complete pool table recover in 1.5 hours it was a pleasure to watch him work. We toured the country in a 3.0 ltr Ford Granada Automatic it was great in Liverpool one day, London the next best job I ever had
        Welsh Is Best

Comment

Working...
        X