Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi All,

I have just started playing snooker but only been a few times. I absolutely love it! I've always loved pool and always wanted to play snooker after watching it on TV and stuff, but never been old enough or had someone to play.

I now play at least once a week [although I've only been playing three weeks!] and have signed up to a club.

Found this forum and thought it would be good to sign up, as I am always thinking of questions etc.

Anyways, here I am!

**Scrambo**

Hi Scrambo and welcome to TSF.

This is a great site for beginners and i'm sure you'll pick up lots of tips and new techniques that'll improve your game no end.

Comment

Welcome on board !
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Hi Scrambo; fancy a best of 9 off handicaps? The table's running really nice today, just brushed and blocked it.... the iron'll be hot enough in a minute we can start after I've ironed it.

Are you learning much at the moment; got a practice partner?

Will
        Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Hi Scrambo; fancy a best of 9 off handicaps? The table's running really nice today, just brushed and blocked it.... the iron'll be hot enough in a minute we can start after I've ironed it.

Will look
          Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Will look forward t

Comment

Will look forward to

Comment

Will look forward to your questions....

(Haven't a clue why the forum pushed out so many posts here; roll on the facelift!)

Comment

Wowwww.

It's groundhog day all over again - again - again ........

....or somebody has a jittery finger because of no coffee yet.

:-)

Comment

I think its a sign of old age, you know when you keep on repeating yourself over and over... and over.... and over... and over...

Comment

Originally Posted by reverse_side

Will look forward to your questions....

(Haven't a clue why the forum pushed out so many posts here; roll on the facelift!)
                      Sorry reverse_side!

I do have a practice partner and yes, I guess I am learning much, as I'm still a newbie! Almost every game I play my score improves, so I must be doing something right!

I have just started playing snooker a few weeks ago, so I am really bad. My highest break is only 11. I don't own a cue or anything, just a member of a club, so I think I'll probably get my ass whooped - which won't be very enjoyable for you...

Comment

Watching snooker with friends is a good coaching session in itself Scrambo; there's bound to be at least one of you with the answer and you can explore other situations so you feel happier and more confident when you're actually playing.

As for the re-re-re-re-repeating, it's old age or I've post whoring tendencies I didn't know about! Maybe too many sprouts or cucumbers do similar.

My sig's a decent starting place; playing off handicaps will give you a better chance of winning.... just keep changing it to keep it fair. There's a formula or you can add&take blacks (7 points) when you either win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                        X