Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Arrival! Hello

Hello people, I’m Steve!

After weeks of trying to join the forum I’ve finally arrived! Big Thanks to ADR and Dean the mod for making it all happen!

I look forward to completely boring everyone with endless photos of my new snooker ‘shed’ project and the Riley Aristocrat I am currently refurbishing... lovely! Watch out GL I will no doubt be picking brains on the do’s and don’t s.

Cheers!
    Steve

Welcome to TSF...……...finally Steve .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Welcome and look forward to seeing the pictures Steve.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

glad to help Steve
        we lovely photos here, copious photos, and I for one will never be bored of any snooker related photos
        crack on buddy!
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Welcome and look forward to seeing the pictures.
          Must practice more!!!

Comment

Where are you based Steve ? and what is your choice of weapon for the baize ?
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I have a Craftsman 3/4 ash cue, not sure on the weight probably around 18oz, it’s quite light. It was my first ‘proper’ cue bought when I was about 16ish?? Now 39 so I’ve owned it for some time... I have however recently been looking at possibly commissioning a Jason Owen 1 piece cue maybe something slightly heavier to get a bit more power into those screw shots. I love the look of that rainbow splicing on the cue on his website home page, and have had a quote back which I thought was very reasonable! So once I’m setup with the table I’ll definitely get one on order in ASAP!

Comment

Based near Warwick

Comment

you don't need a heavier cue for "power shot screws" all you need to to is to let the cue go through the cue ball as much as you can and you will get the screw distance you are looking for
                  Dont put "power" into the shot, don't play from the shoulder as some say; let the cue do the work if you let it

I used to have issues with poor screw shots, but then I changed my way of playing it; I get good distance now and it is probably the "lightest" shot I play, where I gently hold the cue and make sure I am as level a cue as possible, and let it go through the cue ball as much as possible

Comment

I’m trying to justify the fancy new cue! Your not helping! Lol

Comment

ah ha - you have the sickness, (sadly slowly shakes head looking downcast)
                      cueitis, noun verb - /kju.aɪ.təs/
                      the need to purchase cues, no-known cure. Can cost a future, for the cues themselves and the resulting divorce.

Happy note - you are in the right place

Comment

I did notice when I last used the cue that the last foot or so at the tip end had curved slightly! Yes! That’s it... I must have a new cue because mine is bent!

Comment

or did you notice that it seems to become smaller down to the tip?
                          yep you need a new cue

how much does Jason charge now for a cue?

Comment

to continue from other post

do you regularly go to events?

A friend and I have been to the Welsh Open for some years now, back in Newport now in Cardiff, we go for the whole week, away from wife and children
                            We got early-bird cheap rate tickets in September for next year

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              or did you notice that it seems to become smaller down to the tip?
                              yep you need a new cue

how much does Jason charge now for a cue?
                              ?460 inc postage.

Comment

Working...
                              X