Good morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning

I’m finally back on the baize (after a 15 year absence), I’ve recently bought a few cues (internet - as with the lockdown no one is open). I have purchased a couple of ADR147 cues (one of which I like) and a Grand Emperor cue - all 57” and all about the same weight (18 oz) and nominal difference in tip size but it hasn’t seemed to click? I’ve been offered a Phoenix Elite and a Britannia Steel cue for about ?200, any advice?

Welcome back and welcome to TSF . ADR Cues are very good value for money .
    Cues are purely personal though , you could spend 500 pounds + on a cue and yet it may not suit you . But the cue may suit someone else .

Personally I would not go for either of the cues you have mentioned .

For that sort of money I would go for a Maximus Cue . Then ones I have seem are very decent . He also does Ton Praram cues , which are also around the same money

Try Stuart at www.greenbaize.com
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks Neil, I’ll have a look
      Cheers

Comment

ADR147 r messaging Andrew @ ADR1 about my predicament with me holding the cue with the badge to the right not upwards like pretty much all players (longer story). Andrew kindly suggested Andy Tisley - cue maker in Sheffield and I having one custom made. Both have been fantastic in their communication and advice and I could not recommend them highly, I just hope the new one that I have ordered is better than the cue from ADR

Comment

Never heard of Andy Tisley . Any link to his website or cues he has made ?
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
            Never heard of Andy Tisley . Any link to his website or cues he has made ?
            Andy Travis perhaps?

Comment

Andy Travis yes, sorry (it was early)

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks pal

Comment

Originally Posted by jps666 View Post
                    Thanks pal
                    Not a problem - in future you save yourself a lot of money contacting me through here.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Understood, I hope Andy’s cue he’s making is better than the one I got from you. I don’t know wether I have got used to your cue so fast
                      cheers

Comment

I have been sent a few pics of my new cue but can’t seem to upload?

Comment

I have been sent a few pics of my new cue but can’t seem to upload?
                          You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering, to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly.
                          In ImgBB, change the "Embed Code" to "BBCode full linked", hover over the code, a "copy" will appear, click this.
                          Go to your TSF post and paste. You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
                          There are other sites as well.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Received my new cue from Andy Travis yesterday, what a piece of wood, well impressed, couldn’t thank him enough - top maker

Comment

Received my new cue from Andy Travis yesterday, what a piece of wood, well impressed, couldn’t thank him enough - top maker
                              PICTURES,! You know the rules
                              oh just seen your join date........no excuse we want pictures.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X