2012 World Snooker Championship Prediction Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 World Snooker Championship Prediction Competition

Firstly apologies for being a bit of a 'hit and run' poster... I like to watch the snooker, I like to play snooker (time permitting) but I'm far from an expert on it and therefore wouldn't know where to start in terms of posting on a Snooker Forum!

However, I have for the past few seasons been running a low scale competition around the Crucible event in my hometown of Sheffield, I believe I've posted it in the past on here (probably my only previous interaction with this board ) and I'm doing so again this year (at short notice) having had it suggested to me by a mate (who may or may not be a member on here!).

I appreciate you may be dubious, as such I ask for no entry fees up front, you can have a go at the competition and pay at the end (providing the prize fund is completed in time for payouts after the final!).

If you don't want to participate in a paid for competition run by a stranger you can run a 'for fun' one on here if you wish!

ENTRY FEE IS £2.50

Email Entries To: jody.smith@royalmail.com

PRIZE FUND - 50% - Entry with highest points total
    - 10% - Runner Up
    - 40% - British Liver Trust

SCORING
    2 Points for each player successfully through to the 2nd round
    5 Points for each player successfully through to the Quarter Finals
    10 Points for each player successfully through to the Semi Finals
    20 Points for each player successfully through to the Final
    40 Points for successfully predicting the winner

TIE BREAKER - Ties will be decided in favour of the person who comes nearest to selecting the correct number of Total Frames throughout the Competition

Where this does not separate two entries the winner will be the one who is nearest to the correct number of frames in each round with 1 point assigned to winner of each round of the tie break (ie best of five)

ALL ENTRIES SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY – 10am SATURDAY 21ST APRIL 2012 - ANY ENTRIES AFTER THIS WILL BE VOID

IF YOU WISH TO RECEIVE UPDATES PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. UPDATES WILL BE SENT AT THE END OF EACH ROUND

Entry Sheet can be downloaded at... http://www.4shared.com/office/EiEWyt...Comp_2012.html

Cheers, Jody

Golf and tennis do well enough with the big names not entering every single one.

Snooker can manage in exactly the same way.

Comment

Working...
    X