2015-2106 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015-2106 Season

With the new season upon us, who does everyone think will be the most dominant player (most ranking points) this season? Also, any players you think will progress the most outside of the top 16?

If Shaun Murphy can carry over his form from last season he should take a lot of beating, but his first two events (only minor ones) have not been encouraging. I think the top 16 is very close at present and I can see another year of various players winning tournaments. Neil Robertson is probably the player I can see back at number one.

Luca Brecel and Matthew Selt are interesting players outside the top 16. Both lack the belief against the very best but I can see one of these having a great season if they start believing in themselves.

Also, how do you think being introduced everywhere as World Champion, will effect Ballrun's game ?

Make him stronger, or weight heavy on his shoulders ?

I'd like to see Mr McGill build on his good showing at the worlds, but haven't been following enough snooker since,

to know if that's happened yet.

Comment

Bingham had a great World Championship, obviously, but he isn't consistent enough to dominate. Selby and Ding are out of form and have been for ages, so they would need to address that issue before any significant winning streak. Murphy tends to have great tournaments let down by one very weak session that invariably puts him out. No one can predict what ROS is going to do, and it's about time Trump started delivering on his promise. You can no longer talk with any credibility about needing to gain more match experience at his age.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
        Selby and Ding are out of form and have been for ages, so they would need to address that issue before any significant winning streak.
        I wouldn't say Selby has been out of form for ages. There have only been two major tournaments since his last ranking title, the China Open in April, and he also won the German Masters earlier this year. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          I wouldn't say Selby has been out of form for ages. There have only been two major tournaments since his last ranking title, the China Open in April, and he also won the German Masters earlier this year. :wink:
          Selby ha !! U know i just got my first bottle on !! as soon as I open the second I'm gonna to tell you all about That Kid !! No worry !! Stay in reporting US in the mn time !! You just doing a Great job !! That kid must be impressed u for the big time !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
            Selby ha !! U know i just got my first bottle on !! as soon as I open the second I'm gonna to tell you all about That Kid !! No worry !! Stay in reporting US in the mn time !! You just doing a Great job !! That kid must be impressed u for the big time !!
            I dont understand that post ramon please elucidate

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
              I dont understand that post ramon please elucidate
              Gonna to stay away from this forum for a few days !! Good respons !!

Comment

The season lasts from 2015 to 2106?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                  The season lasts from 2015 to 2106?
                  Just checking you are all awake ��

Comment

Trying to predict the players who will be in the
                    Quarter Finals of any one tournament has been
                    a challenge so picking the few top performers
                    for the entire season is very difficult.
                    There are Robertson, Trump and Murphy who I
                    would see as favourites and I am interested in
                    seeing how Ding does with coaching.
                    I would like to see how the others do under
                    Griffith's coaching.

Comment

Did I hear correctly that Selby has personal problems ? I think he said something after getting beaten by Doherty ?

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                        Did I hear correctly that Selby has personal problems ? I think he said something after getting beaten by Doherty ?
                        He said something on Twitter that he had other things to worry about than losing. Some took it to mean that there was something going on in his life, but might have been a throwaway comment after losing.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                          He said something on Twitter that he had other things to worry about than losing. Some took it to mean that there was something going on in his life, but might have been a throwaway comment after losing.
                          Thanks, just had a glance at his twitter a/c... yeah could be a sour grapes type comment, cant be sure.
                          I think there is a guy on this forum who works with Selby.

Comment

With all the Tour Events going on, here is plenty of opportunity for players out the top 16 to really get some momentum.

The three I'll be keeping an eye on are Gary Wilson, Martin Gould & Barry Pinches. GW has been making rapid headway over the last year or two, becoming a regular feature progressing through the early rounds. Culminating in a 147 last year and runner up in the China this year. He could be open to further improvement as he gets used to the TV tables and financial pressures. MG has also been up and down over the past years. Runner up in Goldfields was well deserved and I presume allowed him the option to withdraw from Riga. Interestingly BP has been on the wrong side of some terrible draws of late. Ding, Selby, Williams and Woolaston (after his 147 and runner up in 2015 Welsh) to name a few. Granted, he should be beating Gareth Allen and Xington but he is desperatly chasing ranking points or will see himself off the main tour after 25 years. This will inspire him to a good number of wins over the coming 10 months or so.

Comment

I would like to see Judd Trump take over this year at the top - wining some big events with style - my money is on him this year I think his game has matured and he frightens everyone to death with his potting when he is on song and he is snookers future. I would like too see Robertson stop walking around and start getting on with it - find it very frustrating watching him sometimes - like he's trying to be too perfect - but even so I think he could win more this year.

Selby Murphy Ding always going to be contenders and Ronnie needs to start playing a bit more - he seems to lack motivation these days - maybe another world title would spark a fire and its going to be interesting to see if Williams and Higgins have any more wins left in them or has father time finally caught up with these legends.

I cant see Bingham repeating his success and Mark Allen is too much out of shape sadly and just going through the motions sadly.

Outside the 32 if I was picking a 'journey man' to make a move this year I would pick Tian Pengfei and going with the heart I would like Luka Brecel, Jack Lisowski and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Michael Holt or Michael White to make progress upwards just because they are great to watch.

The two players I pick to be future stars both not yet on tour - are both Chinese - Yan Bingto and Zhou Xintong.

The End

Comment

Working...
                              X