commentators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commentators

Who is the dumbo that obviously has never played or watched snooker in his life?

Dumb commentator?

Fancy being a bit more specific?

Comment

Commentators

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
      Dumb commentator?

Fancy being a bit more specific?
      Thanks ok. The commentator for the Goldfields tournament is the Australian great Robby whats his name!! Very boring but ok. His side kick is the person who is making very embarrassing comments showing his total lack of knowledge for the game. Detracts totally from the viewing. Who is he?
      Cheers.

Comment

Originally Posted by seanb View Post
        Thanks ok. The commentator for the Goldfields tournament is the Australian great Robby whats his name!! Very boring but ok. His side kick is the person who is making very embarrassing comments showing his total lack of knowledge for the game. Detracts totally from the viewing. Who is he?
        Cheers.
        strange you should say that ... I personally think the commentary from Robby Foldvari and his co-commentator (I don't know his name) is simply the best snooker commentary I've ever heard ... Foldvari has a very relaxed style but clearly knows his stuff and explains it very well, his co-commentator tends to defer to him with questions like "how do you see the options on this shot Robby?" but I'd think that's mostly because Robby is the "expert" and the other chap is the "continuity" ...

and none of the "where's the cueball going!" or "I won 14 tournaments you know" garbage you get from the likes of Virgo and Thorne or my particular bugbear - Terry Griffiths saying things like "us professionals call that a plant" ... it might surprise you Terry but us amateurs call it that too!

Comment

The co-commentator was Gorden Bray who is a well respected rugby union commentator. I thought Robbie was excellent.

Comment

Where's the cue ball going?

WHERE'S IT GOING?????????

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
              Where's the cue ball going?

WHERE'S IT GOING?????????
              AARRGGHH!! NNNOOOOOOOO!
              stop it please!

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Well, I'm an Aussie and turned the sound off, I simply couldn't stand either of them.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
                  Well, I'm an Aussie and turned the sound off, I simply couldn't stand either of them.
                  Robby Foldvari is a great commentator . . . but watching it live was the best!

Enjoyed every minute!

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I didn't mind the commentary. But I loved Shaun Murphy on the mic, it was great to hear his perspective and he was very respectful and informative.

Comment

I thought Robbie was really good. Enjoyed Shaun's as well.
                      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
                        I didn't mind the commentary. But I loved Shaun Murphy on the mic, it was great to hear his perspective and he was very respectful and informative.
                        yes, I thought Shaun was surprisingly good too

Comment

Worst player-commentator? Steve Davis.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            Worst player-commentator? Steve Davis.
                            what.. worse than willie thorn?
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Yeah willies never wrong in his own mind, steves an absolute legend tho hes a bit of a messer in the box, very funny at times but it just seems a bit out of place

Comment

Working...
                              X