Quarter Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter Finals

Donaldson has not beaten Allen in four attempts, will this be his time? He certainly is in good form of late but then so is Allen, ?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Brilliant win for Selby. Maybe a bit of a worrying time for ROS now? No Masters means it's a while before he plays again. The no-handshake thing is just stupid and a bit disrespectful.

Selby is a gradually getting back to some serious form. I wonder if he can hold out Trump in a long match though.

Comment

So, the Scots have produced their fair share of players, but fans of the game... not so much

I keep thinking we're watching one of the Chinese tournaments.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
        Brilliant win for Selby. Maybe a bit of a worrying time for ROS now? No Masters means it's a while before he plays again. The no-handshake thing is just stupid and a bit disrespectful.

Selby is a gradually getting back to some serious form. I wonder if he can hold out Trump in a long match though.
        I actually felt a little sorry for Ron in this match, he gave it his all was bossing the safety to go 4-3 up, then that "miss" that wasn't really a miss as it was clear he feathered the red, gave Mark the frame winning opportunity ( which all credit to Mark he too superbly btw)

surely these recent cent events should call for the VAR to kick in and be formally adopted in snooker?
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I hope Dave Gilbert can win and make some money so that he can get his teeth sorted out! Looks like Austin Powers on a bad day after a "nutty" coffee. :glee:
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

surely these recent cent events should call for the VAR to kick in and be formally adopted in snooker?
            Didn't we have a retrospective foul as the result of a call by the marker recently? If it can be done, which it clearly can, it should be done, typical half-arsed approach from WS.

As for Ronnie's germ phobia, you don't generally see people who are genuinely germophobic constantly stuffing their hands and nails in their mouth, as we always do ROS. Loved Selby's paper, scissors, stone response, brilliant.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Didn't we have a retrospective foul as the result of a call by the marker recently? If it can be done, which it clearly can, it should be done, typical half-arsed approach from WS.

As for Ronnie's germ phobia, you don't generally see people who are genuinely germophobic constantly stuffing their hands and nails in their mouth, as we always do ROS. Loved Selby's paper, scissors, stone response, brilliant.

-
              Lolz yeh agreed, Selbys response by grabbing and spreading was brilliant! Utter BS.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

These shot challenges with Jimmy and Andy are priceless!

They set up a slow-roll pot played by Ronnie in a recent match and Jimmy sinks the red first time, replicating the shot almost perfectly.

Andy: "Right, play it again..."
                Jimmy: "What d'you mean play it again!? What you want me to miss it now?"

I laughed so hard at Jimmy's reaction :highly_amused:
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

It must be the first time in years that he got a shot first time, no wonder he didn't want to try it again. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    It must be the first time in years that he got a shot first time, no wonder he didn't want to try it again. :wink:
                    I'll ignore that remark.

Seeing as it's true.

Comment

:smile:

Looks like we might get a good weekend. Selby played quite well today, Gilbert was brilliant, and the two winners I didn't see must have played very well too, judging by the breaks they made, particularly Lisowski.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post

Won't have to now, now that the little kid's been booted out ...

Comment

They couldn't have met in a long match anyway, because they were in the same half of the draw. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I actually felt a little sorry for Ron in this match, he gave it his all was bossing the safety to go 4-3 up, then that "miss" that wasn't really a miss as it was clear he feathered the red
                            If the ref wasn't standing twenty feet away he would have seen it and that's the crux of the problem with modern referees always standing behind the player.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

LOL instead of Judd v Ronnie, we get Selby v Gilbert (they did earn it). Selby v Gilbert is for hardcore snooker fans only, like die hard fans, like really die hard fans, like people on this forum die hards fans, like really really really diehard fans

Ronnie v Judd would have had a chance of drawing casual sports fans away from football/MMA/Boxing/Basketball/tennis etc

Selby v Gilbert, not so much

Comment

Working...
                              X