Betway 2019 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I like Jud Trump but I felt he was rather ungracious in defeat during that talk with Rob. He certainly wasn’t in any mood for admitting he’d been out-played, was he?
    That's the case with Trump soo often. Great result for Nigel Bond! He had lost six ranking matches in a row prior to this tournament. I wasn't surprised he beat Brecel, cause Luca is always up for a defeat to anybody. But never imagined Bond could beat Trump.

Also pleased to see that Michael White and Marco Fu got two wins here, with each of them beating a Top 16 player. Fu is already out now, but maybe his win over Wilson is a sign for better times again.

Comment

What happened just then in the audience?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Someone was taken ill
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

This is some match between Higgins and Burns .......2 hours for 3 Frames . I don’t feel so bad about my game now !

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
            This is some match between Higgins and Burns .......2 hours for 3 Frames . I don’t feel so bad about my game now !
            Ian Burns is a good lad and a superb player but he has let himself get mugged tonight sadly.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Should have won a couple at the start , but if you don’t take your chances against top players you ain’t going to win.

Comment

Should have won a couple at the start , but if you don’t take your chances against top players you ain’t going to win.
                Indeed and a reason why some players win tournaments and others don't.
                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  obviously not many of us have seen Michael White playing much of recent due to his form, but I hadn't noticed his elbow movement in the past?!!? It really doesn't look good and im sure its causing him issues.
                  It's a perenial problem for all players with a chicken wing cue action, if the upper arm drops from the shoulder before the strike then the cue comes across the line, Graham Dott is the same and chucks one in now and again when using power. White and Dott should really not do it as they are both quite short in stature so their grip hand is behind the vertical using a standard length cue, but Mark Williams and fellow welshman Ryan Day are quite tall and their grip hands are almost bang on the vertical so it's quite easy for them to fall into it; a longer cue would sort it for them, just a couple of inches to move the grip hand back a bit to the days when they were younger, not so tall, the cue fitted them better and they potted them off the lightshade.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

‘ you know ‘ is the phrase that they all use ........drives me
                    It's basically a sign of insecurity.

Comment

• Williams played woefully badly , no hours put in and he admitted it . Trump played very poorly and never worked harder . Could he have done too much practising and gone stale ? Can you overdo working on your game ? Akani is always at it, his father has him back on the table shortly after he loses in a tournament . Can you do too much and go stale by overworking ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                        Well , well , well , the wheels have well and truly come off of the Juddernaut . A fantastic win for Nigel Bond .
                        He can't keep drawing from the well of magnificent pots for ever, he needs to get hold of the cueball, so that when it dries up, he doesn't need to.

EDIT: Can't imagine why the well analogy popped into my head.

-
                        Last edited by PatBlock; 3 December 2019, 12:29 PM.
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          I like Jud Trump but I felt he was rather ungracious in defeat during that talk with Rob. He certainly wasn’t in any mood for admitting he’d been out-played, was he?
                          I was at the Barbican in York yesterday and I'd certainly say that the majority of the crowd were willing Nigel Bond on. The talent Trump posseses is clear for all to see but for me he's not threatening to be a 'peoples champion' in the mould of Higgins, White or O'Sullivan just yet despite his flair.

Comment

• Bond will crash out now his mission accomplished

Comment

• Dominic Dale on Eurosport commentators with week
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

It's a perenial problem for all players with a chicken wing cue action, if the upper arm drops from the shoulder before the strike then the cue comes across the line, Graham Dott is the same and chucks one in now and again when using power. White and Dott should really not do it as they are both quite short in stature so their grip hand is behind the vertical using a standard length cue, but Mark Williams and fellow welshman Ryan Day are quite tall and their grip hands are almost bang on the vertical so it's quite easy for them to fall into it; a longer cue would sort it for them, just a couple of inches to move the grip hand back a bit to the days when they were younger, not so tall, the cue fitted them better and they potted them off the lightshade.
                                I guess whats important is that they are aware and recognise the fault, but more importantly when its most likely to occur. It probably needs a little pre practised drill that helps when the power/pressure shot arises. I've little doubt both Dott and White have tried to address this and Dott has certainly achieved more than many thought possible so hopefully White can do similar.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X