2020 Masters - 1st round discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

I would actually love to watch some more, but I had to turn it off when Jimmy White started saying Higgins' concentration is always 100%. Dreadful analysis, as usual. :smile:
    Indeed. Your common sense should tell you already that your concentration can't be always at 100 % over the course of a snooker match. Commentators should delete the word "always" from their vocabulary.

Comment

Hoping for another entertaining day's play, especially as it's my birthday

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
        Indeed. Your common sense should tell you already that your concentration can't be always at 100 % over the course of a snooker match. Commentators should delete the word "always" from their vocabulary.
        They probably should, yes, but it bothers me even more that they would point out an attribute that has been a weakness for Higgins many times and pretend like it's one of his strengths. I don't think Foulds would have said something like that. :wink:

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985 View Post
        Hoping for another entertaining day's play, especially as it's my birthday
        Happy birthday. I hope you get your wish. :smile:

Comment

They probably should, yes, but it bothers me even more that they would point out an attribute that has been a weakness for Higgins many times and pretend like it's one of his strengths. I don't think Foulds would have said something like that. :wink:

Happy birthday. I hope you get your wish. :smile:
          Cheers mate

Comment

I actually don't think it's even possible to have a "poor" QF line-up at the Masters at the moment, even if all the lower seeds win. I guess losing Trump and O'Sullivan, and maybe Selby, does leave a little void, but the gap between the other top8 players and the rest of the top16 is quite possibly at an all-time low. :smile:
            No, Selby out is the biggest boost to the tournament; I will be watching all the matches now
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              No, Selby out is the biggest boost to the tournament; I will be watching all the matches now
              Good to hear. :smile: So who is your least favourite player still left in the tournament now? Is it Wilson?

Comment

Great opening red by Jack Lisowski! And a strong opening frame

Comment

I would actually love to watch some more, but I had to turn it off when Jimmy White started saying Higgins' concentration is always 100%. Dreadful analysis, as usual. :smile:
                  As much as I love the chemistry and shot recreation from Jimmy and Whoisface, I’d never watch ES coverage when the beeb are on it. I know many don’t have the choice but...
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I get the feeling O'Sullivan doesn't really like Wilson much. :smile:

Comment

I've got to say, though i couldn't say I don't like him, Wilson bugs me. The way he walks into the shot caressing his cue just niggles me and the daft beard ain't helping any.

Comment

just watching the way Wilson places his feet - pointing inwards - makes my knees start to hurt!
                        Last edited by DeanH; 15 January 2020, 04:10 PM.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Lisowski seems to get worse as a game goes on, seen him get frames early before and then he starts to miss left and right.

Comment

Enough now... banging on someone's appearance is just wrong.

Let's concentrate on the annoyance of the rub-rub
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Good stuff from Wilson after being down early on. With so many of the biggest names going out, he might have a great chance here. :smile:

Comment

Impressive display from Kyren despite losing the First two frames, now looking forward to see who will triumph between Williams and Bingham

Comment

Working...
                                X