No announcement yet.

2020 Masters - 1st round discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s that intermittent thump I keep hearing?
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      What’s that intermittent thump I keep hearing?
      That'll be Mark Allen punching himself in the head I suspect. :beaten: Great show form Gilbert, he's lovely to watch when on form, really like to see him go deep in this one.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Great stuff from Gilbert tonight.

This tournament is starting to look a bit like the 2011 Masters, which had 7 of the top 8 seeds going out in the first round. It's 4 out of 4 so far this week, and the remaining matches could all go either way as well. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

That'll be Mark Allen punching himself in the head I suspect. :beaten:

-
          Hehe. I started to observe more closely and noticed it was whenever the players/ref walked across the bottom of the table. My deduction was a lose floor board/panel.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            Hehe. I started to observe more closely and noticed it was whenever the players/ref walked across the bottom of the table. My deduction was a lose floor board/panel.
            I didn't notice anyone walking across the table, surely that sort of thing is frowned upon. I did notice Gilbo stomping all over Allen in his stripey socks though, maybe that was it.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
              I didn't know why , but I am not feeling the event this year . Maybe I like to see the so called lesser lights of the game up against the elite .

Or is it the absence of Ronnie
              Well , i'm feeling this event now ……..Gilbert was impressive last night . And as for Mark Allen , i'm not entirely sure what happened to him . The straight pink he missed from 3 foot was amazing for a player of his undoubted talent .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Well , i'm feeling this event now ……..Gilbert was impressive last night . And as for Mark Allen , i'm not entirely sure what happened to him . The straight pink he missed from 3 foot was amazing for a player of his undoubted talent .
                Yeah, probably not a good idea to judge it before a ball has been struck. :tongue-new:

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

It does feel like Trump is going to absolutely smash the century record eventually.

Comment

Doesn't look like Trump's motivated today after making a 128, his game has gone...he goes out then I'm. done with the tournament, really poor quarter final line up, Hope Barry Hearn's happy when he sees the viewing figures for the final - nobody will be watching

Comment

It can't be Hearn's fault that certain players get beaten ????

Sometimes with Trump he appears to be a bit nonchalant , almost as if ' I can't lose ' ……...then struggles to get to his 'B' game when the lampshade pots don't go in .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985 View Post
                        Doesn't look like Trump's motivated today after making a 128, his game has gone...he goes out then I'm. done with the tournament, really poor quarter final line up, Hope Barry Hearn's happy when he sees the viewing figures for the final - nobody will be watching
                        Why's it Barry's fault? Only thing he could do is make the matches all best of 19's so the 'better' players are more likely to win.
                        Best of 11 is a bit of a lottery.
                        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985 View Post
                          LOL Glad to see your enjoying the tourney Baz. :encouragement: Come on man, give it a chance, it's 2 - 2 in this one with everything to play for. We've had some great snooker so far and it's only day 3!

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Nice to see Dave Gilbert playing well. Go on, lad. One for us Tamworth fellas! (even though I've been living in Canada for the last 50-odd years!)
                            Chris from Canada

Comment

It can't be Hearn's fault that certain players get beaten ????

Sometimes with Trump he appears to be a bit nonchalant , almost as if ' I can't lose ' ……...then struggles to get to his 'B' game when the lampshade pots don't go in .
                              Couldn't agree more. As we've seen in this match, his potting can be superb, but the rest of his game needs to catch up. Those were 2 appalling safety shots. And as a result he looses the frame.

-
                              Last edited by PatBlock; 14 January 2020, 03:07 PM.
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by Railfan87 View Post
                                Nice to see Dave Gilbert playing well. Go on, lad. One for us Tamworth fellas! (even though I've been living in Canada for the last 50-odd years!)
                                lovely lad is Dave! Railfan, I live in Nuneaton so just down the road and Dave's at our club regularly.

On a separate note does anybody else like to see players miss from time to time rather than just clear the table every visit? I think it makes it much more interesting/entertaining.
                                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X