2020 Masters - 1st round discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Why does....... Steve Davis.......... find it so.......... difficult to.......... string words together to............. form a......sentence?
    It's annoying because he's been doing it for years and it makes it impossible for him to give any meaningful analysis. Keep Steve in the studio and bring back Willie.
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Not just Steve but a few other BBC commentators do the broken speech.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

When a match is so bad it becomes fascinating.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

well, said yesterday I had a feeling Carter might win, just didn't predict it would be so controversial! Bitterly disappointed and any respect I had for Ali as a snooker player has gone I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985 View Post
            well, said yesterday I had a feeling Carter might win, just didn't predict it would be so controversial! Bitterly disappointed and any respect I had for Ali as a snooker player has gone I'm afraid.
            It's not Ali's fault though? He probably thought he hit the yellow, it was 12 feet away from him and missed by a whisker on both the way and way back past the yellow. John was obviously happy with the call else it'd of been disputed and after all often players do sort situations out between them and the referee will trust their judgement as they are better placed to see these things than the referee after all. I don't see why we can't just put this down to a mistake rather than jumping on the "Carter's a cheat" bandwagon. I've had lots of fun since the incident arguing with armchair snooker fans on facebook about the same issue.

I'm sure anybody who's played the game has either feathered a ball, leant on one by accident without realising or hasn't had a clue whether they've hit a ball of not. I know I have. I've called fouls on myself when i've not even been sure just in case, if i'm doing this I find it hard to believe Carter would blatantly cheat.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
              It's not Ali's fault though? He probably thought he hit the yellow, it was 12 feet away from him and missed by a whisker on both the way and way back past the yellow. John was obviously happy with the call else it'd of been disputed and after all often players do sort situations out between them and the referee will trust their judgement as they are better placed to see these things than the referee after all. I don't see why we can't just put this down to a mistake rather than jumping on the "Carter's a cheat" bandwagon. I've had lots of fun since the incident arguing with armchair snooker fans on facebook about the same issue.

I'm sure anybody who's played the game has either feathered a ball, leant on one by accident without realising or hasn't had a clue whether they've hit a ball of not. I know I have. I've called fouls on myself when i've not even been sure just in case, if i'm doing this I find it hard to believe Carter would blatantly cheat.
              not calling him a cheat, justthought he should have called the foul

Comment

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985 View Post

not calling him a cheat, justthought he should have called the foul
                Why would he call the foul if he thought he'd hit the yellow?

Carter insisting he hit the yellow isn't the issue here, it's how quickly the referee accepted his protest and reversed her decision. VAR would work so much better in snooker than it does in football, and it would have helped resolve this incident in seconds.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

Totally agree with you about this.
                  Still think that Bozhilova shouldn't have trusted Carter's judgement so immediately. But maybe she really had no clue if he had hit the yellow and was just thankful he solved the case for her.

Comment

Cracking 144 in the first frame from Gilbert!!
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Thought I heard the ref call Steven Maguire. Shaun Maguire.
                      have listern get back to me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post

It's annoying because he's been doing it for years and it makes it impossible for him to give any meaningful analysis. Keep Steve in the studio and bring back Willie.
                        Great at providing analysis in the studio but when it comes to commentary he just seems to dry up

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Why would he call the foul if he thought he'd hit the yellow?

Carter insisting he hit the yellow isn't the issue here, it's how quickly the referee accepted his protest and reversed her decision. VAR would work so much better in snooker than it does in football, and it would have helped resolve this incident in seconds.
                          fair play, I got my words totally mixed up, agree with you about VAR

Comment

• Congratulations to Dave Gilbert, love to see him win it

Comment

Working...
                            X