No announcement yet.

2020 Players Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good win for Yan, too. He’s playing very well right now.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
      Trump playing some amazing stuff tonight . Poor Holt caught him when he's on a purple patch
      Gotta just say Holt played some brilliant snooker and really showed what a talent he has .at 5-3 he looked strong but needs to tighten up his safety game to really compete against the best. The 128 break and two finishing blacks In were sublime.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

A couple of very loose shots from Holt , notably the red to the Yellow pocket that let Trump in for a frame winning break .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
          Good win for Joe Perry. Should secure his Crucible place. As the China Open has been cancelled it looks like Carter would need to win the Gibraltar Open.
          There's a chance that Yan Bingtao overtakes Perry though if he goes far here and wins one or two matches at the Tour Championship, for which he would be qualified as of now, whereas Perry would not.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

There's a chance that Yan Bingtao overtakes Perry though if he goes far here and wins one or two matches at the Tour Championship, for which he would be qualified as of now, whereas Perry would not.
            Adds some spice to next match Joe v Jan in quarter final tomorrow night.

Comment

I can’t be doing with snooker on commercial channels! Ad break after every frame. A session ends, 8 minute ad break, 5 minute studio analysis, another lengthy ad break.... it makes me want to swear violently at the television screen.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                I can’t be doing with snooker on commercial channels! Ad break after every frame. A session ends, 8 minute ad break, 5 minute studio analysis, another lengthy ad break.... it makes me want to swear violently at the television screen.
                Have you decided on your over 50 plan yet Billy ?
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Have you decided on your over 50 plan yet Billy ?
                  i have no idea what you mean.

Comment

Is Alan McManus now the best commentator/ analyst ? I really like his style and obviously so knowledgeable. Him and Foulds are top draw .

Phil Yates is really starting to grate me at the moment ............if he pauses anymore before he finishes a sentence , i swear he will fall asleep .

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                      Is Alan McManus now the best commentator/ analyst ? I really like his style and obviously so knowledgeable. Him and Foulds are top draw .

Phil Yates is really starting to grate me at the moment ............if he pauses anymore before he finishes a sentence , i swear he will fall asleep .
                      Yes, I'd argue they are.

And Phil Yates is a clown. Yan just failed to pot a red that needed guiding through a gap of other reds. After he missed, Phil pipes up "That wasn't a narrow avenue to get through, it was a... wide boulevard!"

No, Phil, it wasn't! It just wasn't! The gap was marginally bigger than a ball.

Comment

I’ve turned over to watch the darts ........can’t be doing with Yates

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                          I’ve turned over to watch the darts ........can’t be doing with Yates
                          Surely muting is the answer. Silent snooker has got to be better than resorting to the darts?

Comment

How about switching to Eurosport? Philip Studd tonight, he is only mildly annoying. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              How about switching to Eurosport? Philip Studd tonight, he is only mildly annoying. :smile:
                              Not on British Eurosport.
                              an ITV event
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                Not on British Eurosport.
                                an ITV event
                                Ah, then I can only sympathise with those who are stuck with Yates. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X