No announcement yet.

2020 Players Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sitting with a friend and when Maguire played the blue hard I said why hard, why not roll through for the two open reds to the corner pocket?
    then he clattered the yellow and left nothing....
    Strange game and a lovely break for Trump to steal the frame and match.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Maguire threw away that final frame at that moment , he had the measure of Trump but let it slip through his fingers

Comment

I don't like Macguire, he never smiles. Glad to see him lose like that, that would have hurt him more than a 6-0 loss so good

Comment

Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
          I don't like Macguire, he never smiles. Glad to see him lose like that, that would have hurt him more than a 6-0 loss so good
          So not true!
          He smiles all the time, usually when he plays the wrong shot; like last night when he hit the yellow and realised he had played the wrong shot and slapped his forehead :biggrin:

Comment

That's a bit harsh, Mag's is lovely fella and you often see him having a laugh.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Yan got revenge for Welsh
              played solid match play

Comment

That were some strange matches those last days.

First the tense match between Perry and Yan. Not on a very high level, but as somebody else said, that dramatic finishes is what snooker is also about. Never seen such a dramatic fight for the cololurs.
                Then the first semifinal that Maguire first threw away and Trump took it with a fantastic break.
                And today a total off-day for Murphy.

Yan now took over the 16th spot for the World Championship. And only Perry, Carter and Gary Wilson could push him out at Gibraltar again. Perry and Carter would need to reach the final, Wilson would have to win the title.
                Last edited by JimMalone; 1 March 2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't think he would have a high opinion of you either if he was unfortunate enough to meet you ig: FFS ! he is one of the few real old school characters in the game

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    Yan got revenge for Welsh
                    played solid match play
                    He is rock solid and seems much more mature than his 20 years

Comment

Good to see Yan playing well. Anyone know if this has pushed him into top 16? I know he was close with Joe Perry last time I saw the table updated. He's also got the next Coral tournament, so even if not he has a good chance with only Gibralter left. Regarding Gibralter- does anyone know the prize breakdown? World snooker prize list has ?25k for winner, but I've seen ?50k elsewhere.....

​​

Comment

So let's just look at what's going on here. You don't like a man because he never smiles, suggesting you don't like him because not smiling means he's probably not very nice, and you tell us all this while demonstrating that you yourself are clearly not a very nice person?
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post

So let's just look at what's going on here. You don't like a man because he never smiles, suggesting you don't like him because not smiling means he's probably not very nice, and you tell us all this while demonstrating that you yourself are clearly not a very nice person?
                          Wo, hang on Billy, Peter could just as well be a very nice person who's simply got the wrong idea about Mags, after all, he can appear a little surly at times.

Really pleased for Yan, It seems I'm becoming a bit of a Yan fan. He may not be the most naturally gifted player on the circuit, but you can see how much work he puts in and how much it all means to him. He does things a little differently too, which I like.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Really pleased for Yan, It seems I'm becoming a bit of a Yan fan. He may not be the most naturally gifted player on the circuit, but you can see how much work he puts in and how much it all means to him. He does things a little differently too, which I like.

-
                            I got a good vibe from him in the Shoot-out - looks so good on the shot; like a seasoned 45 year old hitting his peak.

"Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                              Good to see Yan playing well. Anyone know if this has pushed him into top 16? I know he was close with Joe Perry last time I saw the table updated. He's also got the next Coral tournament, so even if not he has a good chance with only Gibralter left. Regarding Gibralter- does anyone know the prize breakdown? World snooker prize list has ?25k for winner, but I've seen ?50k elsewhere.....

​​
                              Yan is now #16 with his ShootOut and what he has already accrued at Players'
                              Gibraltar is listed as GBP25k on the season-list but appears to have been increased to GBP50k
                              just like ShootOut was increased from GBP32k to GBP50k

https://wst.tv/betvictor-european-se...-record-level/
                              Last edited by DeanH; 1 March 2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

It seems I'm becoming a bit of a Yan fan. He may not be the most naturally gifted player on the circuit, but you can see how much work he puts in and how much it all means to him. He does things a little differently too, which I like.

-
                                Me as well. While most of the youngsters think about potting he has already such a well all-around game. You can really see him thinking in difficult situations about the next shot. Like hiss attitude a lot.
                                Same goes for Zhou Yuelong, who also hopefully will make progress soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X