Clear All

• 2020 Players Championship

here is the sessions times
    http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...mpionship-2020

as mentioned elsewhere ROS has not made it, shame

some others can play for a big payout and possibly a big bonus

money follows money
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Another ?10k ( minimum ) for Michael Holt .........well worth winning the shoot out .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I’ve never quite understood the logic when pundits talk about players missing a ‘black of the spot’ - as though a black of the spot is somehow easier than any other pot assuming good cue ball position. I suppose it’s because it’s a shot played more than any other, but still doesn’t really add up that a black off the spot is any easier than any other pot.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

And they have practised that particular shot probably 3-4 times more than any other

Williams not "turned up"
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Selby tonight has demonstrated how it’s possible for a player to be playing so well it’s actually tedious to watch. And I don’t just say that because it’s Selby.

Or maybe I’m just overdosed on snooker.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Great win for Maguire there... after Ding won 4 in row to go 4:2 up I thought this is over, but no... different Mags this season. Me likey.
            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Ding must be the worst player on the circuit for letting unforced mistakes go to his head. If he loses a frame he should've won, through an unforced error, it's almost guaranteed to turn the match.

Comment

A poor performance from Mark Wiliams , I like watching him for his laid back style / approach . Oh well , never mind ……….a deep run in the Worlds then please Mark :snooker:
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                  A poor performance from Mark Wiliams , I like watching him for his laid back style / approach . Oh well , never mind ……….a deep run in the Worlds then please Mark :snooker:
                  I love watching him too. If sloths could play snooker, they’d play like MW.

Comment

I felt sorry for Mark, He kept his chin up throughout but He never got one break ( not a break ) with the balls, totaly diff story for MS
                    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      I’ve never quite understood the logic when pundits talk about players missing a ‘black of the spot’ - as though a black of the spot is somehow easier than any other pot assuming good cue ball position. I suppose it’s because it’s a shot played more than any other, but still doesn’t really add up that a black off the spot is any easier than any other pot.
                      I think it's more that, at this level it's the main area where they need to eliminate mistakes. As you mention, it's the pot that is practiced more than any other and missing it tends to leave your opponent in. But in the grand scheme of things it's not necessarily the easiest shot in the world, it's relatively near a cushion compared to the other colours and getting too low or too high can make it touchy. The pink, by comparison, has a pretty large positional zone where it is next to unmissable. Below the pro level, in the WSF and IBSF events the black gets missed all the time. Not a lot, but often enough.

Comment

Trump playing some amazing stuff tonight . Poor Holt caught him when he's on a purple patch

Comment

There is no reason to doubt Michael Holt's best years are still ahead of him?! How do they come up with this stuff...

Comment

Sorry, I'm not actually in a bad mood, so I'm not sure why every little thing annoys me lately. Must be Billy's influence. :wink:

Comment

Good win for Joe Perry. Should secure his Crucible place. As the China Open has been cancelled it looks like Carter would need to win the Gibraltar Open.

Comment

Working...
                              X