No announcement yet.

2020 Players Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe v Yan probz most boring crap match I've ever seen on tv.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Well, there we are. We arrived in the post-Ronnie-O'Sullivan-aera. Endless matches, endless safety battles, finally a red and a color - and safety again. No more inchperfect cueball control, no more divine brake building, no more exciting cue action and breathtaking speed with breaks of 50+ in no time at all. I see players struggling with the same problems which I have myself, a german amateur of almost 70 years of age. Do you see how hard it is for the audience to bear this performance, not to fall asleep over the boring procedure?
      I knew it, it had to happen some day. When I watched Ronnie's divine breaks winning best of 11 matches in just an hour I cried from joy and excitement. What a bless to witness this for so many years. Sweet memories....

Comment

Originally Posted by herbie View Post
        Well, there we are. We arrived in the post-Ronnie-O'Sullivan-aera. Endless matches, endless safety battles, finally a red and a color - and safety again. No more inchperfect cueball control, no more divine brake building, no more exciting cue action and breathtaking speed with breaks of 50+ in no time at all. I see players struggling with the same problems which I have myself, a german amateur of almost 70 years of age. Do you see how hard it is for the audience to bear this performance, not to fall asleep over the boring procedure?
        I knew it, it had to happen some day. When I watched Ronnie's divine breaks winning best of 11 matches in just an hour I cried from joy and excitement. What a bless to witness this for so many years. Sweet memories....
        I am thoroughly enjoying Yan & Perry's head go. This is what snooker is about. not just big breaks or magic created every game. Both these guys can play flawless but neither are comfortable at the moment and it shows. fascinating.
        and what about neil and trump making big breaks? record breaking centuries. murphy on top form. Gilbert playing well, Selby dipping in & out.
        Its not a one man show . it never was and never will be for the true snooker fan.

Comment

Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post

I am thoroughly enjoying Yan & Perry's head go. This is what snooker is about. not just big breaks or magic created every game. Both these guys can play flawless but neither are comfortable at the moment and it shows. fascinating.
          and what about neil and trump making big breaks? record breaking centuries. murphy on top form. Gilbert playing well, Selby dipping in & out.
          Its not a one man show . it never was and never will be for the true snooker fan.
          100% agree. really fascinating tussle between Yan and Joe, I was gripped to the end, great match.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

That was some finish, wasn't it? I can't quite grasp how neither player managed to pot more than one colour in a row when they were all in the open. Somehow there was a nervy safety battle of every single ball. Fantastic. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              ....I can't quite grasp how neither player managed to pot more than one colour in a row when they were all in the open. Somehow there was a nervy safety battle of every single ball. Fantastic. :smile:
              Pressure, it's what it's all about. As you say, fantastic.

-

The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

How Joe didn't get on the black with a thin pink over the hole amazed me. It's well known that a ball near the cushion can't be played hard with top spin as the spin reverses after contact with the cushion, just stun it in and anywhere in the top half of the table it's a sitter of a black for the match; what on earth was he thinking ?
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by herbie View Post
                  Yes, because O'Sullivan's absence miraculously causes everyone else to play crap. And of course we all know no one else on the circuit can make clearances and winning breaks in a single visit.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Ironic, isn't it?

Comment

I’ve always said it .......he is one lucky bugger at times is Trump .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Yates summing up the re-spotted black: "Loads of really good safety from both players, but in the end it was an aggressive shot that... tipped the wink."

So, an aggressive shot furtively provided Trump with a helpful piece of information?
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Maguire said that it is the hotest venue he has played ........there is a bloke in the front row wearing a scarf !

he will be hot under the collar after that poor safety , going to cost him a frame .

Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

On fire Maquire - Literally haha.

What a match so far 5-4.

Comment

Maguire must be kicking himself.

What a match. Classy finish.

Comment

Another midnight finish, lovely stuff. :smile: That was quite a clearance from Trump to win the match. I bet Maguire didn't see that coming before Trump took on that red to the middle. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X