Ranking Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking Points

Could someone clarify for me please? I’ve heard a few commentators at the Welsh say that the winners check for the Shoot-out is 50k. The points schedule on the World Snooker website says 32k. What is the correct figure?

I think 32k was the winner's cheque last year, but its gone up for this year (presumably to encourage a few more of the big names, which seems to have worked):

https://wst.tv/tournaments/snooker-shoot/

Comment

Thanks. This is the points schedule for 2019/2020 I usually use. Looks like sponsor has bunged in some more cash.
      https://wst.tv/wp-content/uploads/20...schedule-2.pdf
      Last edited by Nifty50; 15 February 2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

To confirm this: Yes it's 50.000 pounds this year.
        Here's the prize money breakdown:

Winner: 50,000
        Runner-up: 20,000
        Semi-final: 8,000
        Quarter-final: 4,000
        Last 16: 2,000
        Last 32: 1,000
        Last 64: 500
        Last 128: 250 (prize money at this stage will not count towards prize money rankings)
        Last edited by JimMalone; 16 February 2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

50k for the winner and 20k for the runner up is big bucks for a tournament that anyone could win. I think Ronnie’s position for the Players Championship is still very precarious. He’s got McManus in R1. I can see a situation where a couple of players outside of current top 16 get to final and squeeze Ronnie out. Gary Wilson is a dangerous player and is currently sitting in position 17.
          I’m not a big fan of this tournament but I’m interested in it’s effect on the rankings. A few years ago Anthony McGill won it and it propelled him to a top 16 ranking position.
          Wee amateur lad from my club (Dean Young) has got an invite so I’ll probably watch that match. He’s got a first round match against David Grace. The bookies will no doubt have David as favourite but the fast style of play may suit Dean better.

Comment

Come on Dean!
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
              50k for the winner and 20k for the runner up is big bucks for a tournament that anyone could win. I think Ronnie’s position for the Players Championship is still very precarious. He’s got McManus in R1. I can see a situation where a couple of players outside of current top 16 get to final and squeeze Ronnie out. Gary Wilson is a dangerous player and is currently sitting in position 17.
              I’m not a big fan of this tournament but I’m interested in it’s effect on the rankings. A few years ago Anthony McGill won it and it propelled him to a top 16 ranking position.
              Wee amateur lad from my club (Dean Young) has got an invite so I’ll probably watch that match. He’s got a first round match against David Grace. The bookies will no doubt have David as favourite but the fast style of play may suit Dean better.
              I've seen Dean play, i think it was the comp in Malta? Looked very impressive good luck to him!
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
              X